Features you wish were in game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Tobynn Augur

1. A reliable /follow function.

Fifteen years later, and its still the one and only in-game function that comes with a disclaimer in big red letters warning players that it sucks.

2. A checkbox in the Options window to toggle walk/run. I never want to walk, ever. Yet due to the craptastic follow function I have to turn run back on just about every time toons on follow cross a zoneline.
    Croel, Pelrond and Leerah like this.
  2. Syrup Augur

One feature I would love to see added to Everquest would be 'aoe looting'

Where looting one corpse would access all the loot of nearby corpses.
    Leerah and Moklianne like this.
  3. Reprisal Augur

Sklug wrote up a proposal of some sort for player made dungeons, when he was still here. I _think_ it was right after HoT came out so the housing stuff was new and he wanted to expand on it, but it might have been earlier. Unfortunately I guess they bigwigs weren't into the idea as nothing came of it. Still one of the top items on my most wanted list, though I don't expect it to ever happen now. Could be hard to balance/filter out the trash but still, so much possibility if they were to do it right.
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. Blair New Member

A way to mark or prioritize aa's to easily remind me what I'm working on and what I plan to work on next.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Sinestra Augur

They could start with some templates that would allow players to pick from mobs already in the game, with zone textures already available, and then picking layouts. That way it would be a starting point with probably less problems with just completely designed zones.
    Reprisal likes this.
  6. Underbrush Elder

I hope someone is looking at this thread.
    • I'd love to see a /autofire on and /autofire off command.
    • One more vote for stability in the chat system.
    • Also a vote for converting old items into ornaments to use for future items.
    • Would be great if there were a few more options for the guild teleporter and that the lore on the items detailed where you would land.
    • I'd like to see some smaller raid content, something that could be done with less than a full 45+ raid force, maybe with some fun rewards as opposed to current gear.
  7. Eleanor Rigby Jaakuna Matata

A simple to use way to assist your group or raid.../groupassist or /raidassist so that there is no need to change a hotkey to different names....
  8. Makavien Augur

There is already that . /assist raid /assist group
  9. Edrick Augur

Features I want in game: SKlug back
    Loratex, Elenwyyi, Iila and 3 others like this.
  10. Moklianne Augur

Lots of good suggestions.

Another vote for a stable chat system. One with some type of redundancy. The idea is that if the chat system goes down, we should still be able to use chat channels, ignore, friends lists, etc somehow through limited means. Chat channels completely inaccessible affects many thousands of players nightly in serious ways that make people simply not want to log in.

And another vote for AOE looting with a whitelist/blacklist system based on either specific items (loot everything but specific items, or loot nothing but specific items) or by tags (loot only tradeskill or quest items, loot no tradeskill or quest items, etc). Categories such as armor or weapons, drop or no drop, etc could be used too. No drop items would need confirmation boxes though. A system like that. /hidecorpse looted would be assumed active and so forth.
  11. Gragas Augur

Or /assist main for both.
  12. Muji Augur

Ability to drag 10 corpses at once and I wouldnt mind a /hidepet all command.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  13. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

AA respec/refund -possibly bought with SC and/or quested
    Elenwyyi likes this.
  14. A-Quad Augur

/show shoulderpads on-off

no, better yet...

/kill shoulderpads with fire
    Fanra likes this.
  15. Kantsyng New Member

A working Euro server :(
    Leerah and Yinla like this.
  16. Cronos Journeyman

My main desire is Mass Looting, and being able to sell multiple items at once, when you have hundreds of slots filled with vendor items, click sell in every single item gets really frustrating.
    The cross server group finder would be really cool as well, despite I don't ever see that happening.
    Lastly I would LOVE to see shoulder-pads and cloaks visible, I'm sure everyone would love that feature, and it would add a lot more customization to the game itself, hell, if it was Hero Forge, I'd buy it just for cloaks and shoulders.
  17. Bigbear Augur

i would like to see a reward system for looting names... when you kill said name... whomever in your group goes to loot... a reward window pops up... then you choose which item you want... item A (melee neck) or item B ( mana aug) (just an example) select which one you want... then that item appears in the loot... in the case of the melee neck... it could be a type 3 slot or not.. but at least it was what you wanted ( for melee) or in case of the mana aug.. at least you got it and didnt have to kill the same freakin name 10 million times to get it.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Edrick Augur

This has been the way everquests loot has been some day one. Why would you want to change something so basic and fundamental to the game?

Christ, imagine if you'd just pick a fbss from the frenzied from a list or the shining black robes from the arch magus. Terrible.
  19. Sinestra Augur

Like all the other basic and fundamental things they changed?
  20. Bigbear Augur

so has making a level 1 toon and leveling ur toon urself.... but insta 85 toons are coming... times change