Feature Request - Self applied No Trade tags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

The best example I know of for this request is The Bone Rod (but there are other examples).

It can be bandoliered, so it can be auto-dumped into a top bag.
    "This item can be used in tradeskills" so it can land in a top slot tradeskill bag.
    It is not a No Trade item so you can accidentally handed it off.
    It has the same graphic as a basic fishing pole.

I handle my tradekskill items with extraplanar trade satchels in my top slots. When I bandolier, my Bone Rod can end up in the bag. When I manage my tradeskill items, I usually hand the entire bag off to my main, then shared bank my tradeskill items over to a mule.

I have found that the bone rod is an important item to keep track of. Fortunately I have never lost one, but the potential to misplace it is there, which I have done.

I don't see a need to change the bone rod itself. There are other items that can accidentally be traded or shared bank unintentionally. I think it could be beneficial to have a checkbox on an item that "lock this item to this character" (prevents heirloom) and "lock this item to this account (prevents trade)" and "Make this item no destroy" (prevents destroy).

I didn't think of no-destroy originally, but as I am writing this, I can see the benefit of making items no destroy. When my bags get full, I am sometimes in a hurry to make room. There are plenty of items in my inventory that I would never destroy intentionally and plenty of other items I don't want to move off my character/account.
    Silvena, Flatchy and Nennius like this.
  2. Laronk Augur

I would love this feature since it would also work like a do not sell button for when I just sell stuff in bags quick.
    Silvena and Vumad like this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

This is a great idea. Make it so (please).
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd love something like this for Ivory and the other items used for making PoP glazes.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

I mentioned something like this years ago after losing Blued Two-Handed Hammers due to the vanilla Fine Steel Hammer graphic. There were no slot 20 graphic augments then or I had none. Years later and I am still picky with augmenting that hammer since any augments that change it's appearance are wholly dissatisfying as nothing available lives up to what I want to see. My sole remaining BTHH rests in the bank.

Anyway I got 2 new kittens this morning and I was wondering where the cat picture thread was.
  6. Conjuration New Member

I would like my spell reagents (Pearl, Malachite, Tiny Dagger) to somehow not fall into TS depot when dumping bags.