Feature request: Click a krono from character select

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Occasionally I log in and realize I'm silver.
    I have krono's, but i have to log in, click my krono, log back out to be sure the krono took, then log back in.

It would be nice to be able to just click the krono at character select.
  2. Duder Augur

Or server select
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes!

Then can we get rid of the bedpan off the inventory UI?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Then how would we know how many we have to trade to our other accounts?

Guess they could put them under alternate currency

Or remake the DON gem slots at the top to hold the krono count.
  5. demi Augur

they need to get rid of the DON currency at top also .. dont see why they cant just put all that stuff on the alt currency tab .. I mean it is alt currency ? plus it would free up more space on the inventory window to add more stuff like extra bag slots or new armor/gear spots .. maybe a couple extra earring or rings , toe rings, ankle bracelets etc...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have stated multiple times that the system used for DoN currency is different then the system used for the currency on the currency tab. From what they have stated it would take a rewrite of that code to change it and they seem to consider it low priority.

In fact in order for the functions of the currency tab to work it has to remain in that position and custom UI's can't switch the order.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. demi Augur

and yet they have enough time to work on things like overseer, Luck stat , Perks and other things that nobody really asked for at the time .. they also messed with the code to take out the krono timer ? so they evidently can do it .. they just don't want to ..
    I mean what kind of programmers are they if they cant re-write code ?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is having your DoN currency and Krono on the main tab of your inventory screen that big of a deal? I would think it is pretty minor in the grand scope and there are much better things to work on.

Also there is no such thing as a Krono timer and what you are referring to was your all access time left which was just removing it from the UI as it was broken. Removing it wasn't much work and would be no where near as much work as changing the code to move DoN/Krono to the currency tab.
  9. Jennre Band Leader

I think its an excellent idea. That way you dont lose shared bank etc by logging in.
  10. demi Augur

ok i goofed its the All access timer .. but you get what i was saying .. but thanks for pointing out my error .. and yes its a big deal .. it could free up space on the main inventory page for OTHER things .. and what better things might I ask is it that they would be working on ? PERKS ? how bout that Overseer bug , are they working on that .. there's alot of little things they could do to make alot of us happy instead of working on PERKS ... I'm not saying they need to tackle the inventory page this minute, I was just giving suggestions on improving the space on the inventory page where they could eventually put more main inventory slots for bags, or gear ..

most of us at the time didnt even want the overseer , yes it turned out to be a decent lil game/quest for xp and TS mats . or the Luck stat which still i could care less about .. i seriously doubt the luck stat is gonna have a huge impact on the mobs that will quad me for 50 to 80k dmg " OH I got lucky this round they only hit me for 49999 .."

Here's an Idea . they ADD currency to the Alt currency tab for every expansion and they removed the All access timer , which you say its easier to remove than to code .. why cant they REMOVE the don currency then ADD it to the alt currency tab .. they add currency for raid and group all the time .. IF they can code for that they should be able to CODE the DoN currency in there .. then just REMOVE (which you say is easier) it from the inventory page ..

jmho .. but im just a peon ..
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

DoN currenty is hard coded to the inventery UI, it isn't just a straighforward recode, moving it would mess up a lot of other things as well. EQ is an old lady and she does not like anyone interfering with her and messing around under her skirts.

The All access timer was something which was added after the UI had been created, therefore removing it was a lot easier. While it is a little more inconvienent not to see it anymore, for a lot of people it wasn't correct, so possibly it was the right call.

JChan in an interwiew asked for anyone who could help them out with the UI to contact her. I'm hoping a new UI would remove the unremovable.
    Waring_McMarrin and demi like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, adding a new currency to an existing system isn't hard at all. Updating an existing currency that was created and added to the game before the currency tab was created is a different matter. Sure it would be nice to have it all on one screen but in the end all it is doing is freeing up ui space and not adding anything new to the game.

As for what other things they are working on? New features that add value and are not a cosmetic change? You keep complaining about the luck stat and overseer but there are people out there that like both additions to the game.

As for your earlier complaint about them adding things that players(users) didn't ask for well that is something that developers in general do. If they are waiting for players(users) to request things they are going to miss out on a lot of great ideas that players don't think to ask for.