[Feature] 'Find' and housing improvement.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Funky Augur

i am aware of doing outputfiles and that is great and all.... BUT, mind you i have multiple houses that are owned by another toon, on another account, that is silver, and i may log in once every 3-4 months at best.

every house i have my main toon set as a co-owner and he is the only toon that places and removes items from these houses (helps with keeping things stacked). which i have consolidated some (used to have 18+ houses) but it's still a mess from when a RL friend retired and gave me everything he had in his houses. some of the houses are still owned by his toons because he had the collector's houses which have no upkeep cost.

so the outputfile would be even more extra work. if i could just do a 'find item" and see everything that is in ANY plot that i placed (i am the owner).
  2. Angahran Augur

It appears that the placeable parcel vendor used to be able to be placed in yards and guild yards but at some point this was changed to only be allowed in houses and guild halls :(
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I understand. I am in the EXACT same situation. And, seriously, how much does the inventory change? Meaning, if item X is in house Y, how likely is it to still be in house Y 2 months later? Pretty much 100%, in my experience.

Coupled with keeping like items in adjacent houses, pretty much solves it. If I'm looking for (for example) a tradeskill item, I know it's in one of 6 houses, which are all adjacent. I usually find it in the first two or three that I check. I don't even have to look at the outputfiles unless that initial search fails. Which, in the last year, has been once.
  4. Funky Augur

changes a lot here lately since im working to max my skills to 350 and moving stuff here and there a lot. lol yes i know i could be more organized about it, but doesn't change the fact that if i go to 'find item" it should show me my items in other places.

exact reason i lost my anchors after a little break a few years ago. i had them in someone else's plot, but it wouldn't let me teleport to them. lol different scenario but still.
  5. Angahran Augur

How about a compromise ?
    Would it be possible to add these additional locations to the /outputfile realestate option ?

That would at least allow us to locate items we have dropped into other plots.