[Feature] Convert 'familiar' clicks to petamorph..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

Not sure if I've asked this before.

How difficult would it be to convert all existing (and future) familiar clickies into the 'petamorph' functionality ?

There are some items that only create familiars, so anyone with a pet can't use them.
    Would be nice if all these type of items would either summon a familiar if no pet was present OR cast the illusion on the pet.

This would include the adoptable familiars, basically anything that makes a familiar should also act as a pet illusion.

(I'd love to be able to get the scrodinger's skeletal cat illusion for my pet.)
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  2. Firedog New Member

I like the idea, but I think your wrong about pet classes not being able to use familiars. I am a mage and can have my pet up and a familiar at the same time.
  3. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I'm curious if that was a recent change, because I noticed a while back I couldn't have both pet and familiar up...I can do it now though.
  4. Nniki Augur

It happened with the release of EoK and the introduction of the familiar key ring feature on November 16, 2016:
    Yinla and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

so, if we can have both, maybe if we click the item with a pet targeted it acts as a pet illusion, no target it summons a familiar (with or without there also being a pet) ?
  6. Nolrog Augur

Some of them work this way already. For example:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=125878