Fear Touched and Cultural ROF vs VOA

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bobokatt07, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Hey all.
    So back in VoA anyone could go and hunt/bazaar-buy, a Rustic drop to make their Tier 1 class specific visible armor and the items were roughly 1300ish/1400ish HP/Mana etc (I am using my cleric as an example). However pretty early on in that expansion you could also have bought/crafted etc., the cultural armor for VoA, Glorious xxxx. This armor was roughly 1850ish/1850ish cant remember exactly but close enough. That is one heck of a difference between the tier 1 armor and the cultural.

Now in RoF I can hunt/bazaar-buy "fear touched" xxxx drops for tier 1 visible armor giving me Boreal for roughly 2100ish hp/2200ish mana armor. If I go the cultural route then I am talking about Regal items with Transcendent symbols which give roughly 2200ish hp/mana etc. What am I missing here? Where is the rather "large" jump from Tier 1 buy-able to cultural buy-able we saw in VoA? Is there going to be a cultural "2,0" with a future add-on for this expansion where tier 3 and 4 are supposed to be released? Or has cultural been stripped down a bit? My apologies if this has been debated at length. Am I missing some step in my logic or math?
  2. Crystilla Augur

I don't know the answer but am pretty sure part of the answer has to do with the fact that you're comparing an expansion with 4 tiers of gear (where cultural fell in just below the top tier) to an expansion that currently we can only see 2 tiers of gear.
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Thank you Crystilla for replying. Always appreciated. Agreed and well said, your point is bang on, was just my speculation that if they are to follow what VoA was, then it would seem plausible that somehow cultural would need to be upgraded to come in shortly lower than what would be... when we get it, tier 4 group. Was just trying to wrap my head around how that will happen if at all -- if a newer better version of cultural will become available or if that will be it for that.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Pretty sure that's it for this 'expansion' for cultural. It will fall under what they assign to the 'tier 3' stats of armor (if/when that becomes available).
  5. dario New Member

U are missing type 17 aug slots in the armor... and actually the BP doesnt have an "Emblem" slot... this may change when T3-4 goes live...
  6. Crystilla Augur

Dario, emblem slots are gone for good per the Devs. Caused more issues than they solved so they were removed on RoF and future gear.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

No your math is good and the percentage of increase from VOA t2 group stats to VOA cultural raid should AT LEAST be continuous when compared with ROF t2 group visible stats with ROF cultural raid stat armor. . Apparently, there is some kind of brain fart in the EQ Dev continuity department from one expansion to the another at Sony. I present that this is not the only error by the Dev continuity dept in ROF. One only has to look at the discrepancy in Heroics from VOA to ROF. One can't really see the method to the changes,, and one can only hope they will some day be rectified and someone from the past will oversee the fixes.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As Crystilla pointed out, RoF was launched as a 2 tier expansion, where VoA launched as a 4 tier expansion. In 4 tier expansions Cultural is designed to be around tier 3.5 quality (for both Group and Raid gear); so in a 2 tier expansion Cultural in theory should be around Tier 1.75 quality, which it is near that now. Now, if the T3 zones come out and include (as they are expected to) T3 quality gear, then Cultural will need some method of increasing the quality for both raid and group drops or they are abandoning the previous structure of Cultural being between the top 2 tiers of the expansion. Even if they do add T3 and a method of further adding to cultural to be between T2 and T3 (such as Group Seals with stats in addition to Focii & new raid seals which only drop in T3); I am betting that at most you might get another 100-200 more hme.

RoF is a stagnation expansion, not only so that the older content is not completely trivialized due to the smaller tier size of RoF; but also so that the Dev's can more effectively implement the new itemization changes that came with RoF. As for Rumple's poorly researched rant, that ties directly into the new itemization changes. There is no continuity errors going on. All of those differences are completely intended; we were even told by the Dev's on multiple occasions before RoF launched that such things like what Rumple outlined would happen with RoF. The drop in Heroics with RoF gear is partially due to VoA gear being higher than what the Dev's wanted for now and partly in order to make the "all T2 RoF gear and later will be complete upgrades" policy to work realistically. So no errors, just not what some people want.