Fear Fruit/Baz/Port lamp change.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 16, 2019.

1. Bronut Augur

Fear Fruit - i suggest that a "Convert too" button is put on the item that can upgrade the dmg it does.

Baz - i suggest that you can /baz Philter of , like you can /finditem Philter of (as an example)

The lamp that ports you too TBL zones - i box alot of toons, its a pain too convert the thing every time, it would be nice (imo) if it operated like a Gyrosphere Relocation device , and the direction you faced determined the zone.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't support this change. However, if it did happen, I would strongly suggest that that it say upon inspection which direction you need to face for which port location. Every time I want to use the Gryospire device to get to a specific spire, I have to go look up on my wiki which direction to face.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Moege Augur

Not in favor of the direction facing mechanic it is a pita for me personally maybe something like the following can be done

NPC that you hand the lamp into and it gives you back the opposite version
    Zone cycling portal lamp <---> Directional lamp
    -- or --
    TBL lamp now cycles through 4 lamps
    the 3 zone ones and the 4th is now the directional one

This should satisfy everyone, would like the first option.

And it is not a pain to face all the toons a certain direction ? Sounds like the same amount of effort to me.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Currently you can /baz then type in "philter" in the find box and hit the enter key. That's only 2 steps.

Sometimes you need to hit "reset" first to clear out an old search.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd prefer a right click which bring up a menu of where you wish to go, similar to how druid/wizzy port spells work, but without the meming.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

oh, I forgot from your inventory you can ctrl + shift click on item and it brings it up in the bazaar window.
  7. Tenken Augur

How about a 4th convert that wishes you to GMM *cough*
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Repthor Augur

how about once you cycled and used all the ports of the lamp u get an AA port to eatch places that has a 15 second casttime and on same timer as the lamp but puts the lamp on a 30 minute reuse timer. but you leave the lamp as is so its still more powerful but if u want the convinece of not haveing cycle thru the lamp u have an aas version that lets u skip it
  9. Greymantle Augur

put the base lamp icon in a hotbutton window. Also have the inventory slot open. inspect then convert to the second lamp. put that in the hotbutton window next to the first one. Rinse repeat for the third. To swap now, just inspect the active one, convert then hit the new active button.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Lo and behold, inspecting my Gyrospire Relocation Device does tell which way to face :).

:cool: