FBSS absurdity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Xanadas Augur

14 hours camping, only a handful of frenzy appearances, no fbss. My friends have similar stories. One friend went 0 for 23 on frenzy/fbss.

Before I gave up tonight I had 6 cycles in a row (3+ hours) where frenzy didn't even appear.

That's me playing 6 toons. How is anyone playing solo or duo supposed to have even a remote shot at getting an FBSS?

There's also a theory (that I'm starting to believe) that when there are more picks open, the drop rates get worse to compensate. That would be some horsecrap if that's true.
    Astral64 likes this.
  2. Astral64 Augur

This is adorable.
    DyllEQ, Thewiz, kizant and 3 others like this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

skip it, get a trash drop sky belt
  4. Protagonist Tank

I love how the Riz answer to "How do I do a thing that involves basic involvement with the larger community?" defaults to "Box a raid"
  5. Protagonist Tank

Don't forget the anti-camp spawn radius code.
    sihpa likes this.
  6. Zinth Augur

it's classic EQ, it's random as fudge
  7. Machen New Member

You don't need an FBSS. Your alts don't need an FBSS. It's nice, but in 3 months it will be worth 500p or less because there will be so many better options on the server. The FBSS camp is a red herring (and I've spent 12 hours there so far with no drop...)
    Xanadas likes this.
  8. Dyzalot Augur

I did 40 hours and saw 2 belts. Got invited to a Phinny raid for tomorrow so maybe I get lucky with a belt there.
  9. Sikkun Augur

Plenty of classes can solo it, even more so duo. Only have to keep 1 room with 3 mins clear on a 17 min respawn....I would farm them as a cleric on Mangler.

But RNG sucks.
  10. Minpire Augur

RNG

We killed (insert boss name here) and he didn't drop my (insert desired loot item here). The RNG hates me!

"My opponent just outlasted me from his insane RNG. How am I suppose to beat that?!"

Random Number Generators(RNGs) are really generating pseudorandom numbers, since it's impossible to actually generate a TRULY random number. ... When you seed the RNG, you are giving it an equivalent to a starting point. That starting point then has a bunch of numbers that are "inside" of it that the program chooses from.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. istsodfjkskf New Member

14 hours isn't that bad. It took me 53 hours to get one to drop over the past week on Rizlona. He dropped the ring the first 28 kills.

e: also, that first day I camped him for 17 hours, he only spawned 3 times.
  12. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I get a fbss about every 10 frenzy. SSoY about every 6 lords. Never seen an SMR drop though.
  13. Green_Mage Augur

It can be hard for modern gamers to relate to this. But FBSS came from an era before everyone expected to get their "pre-raid BiS" in a few weeks. If you just keep playing EQ, expansions will unlock where loot works more like that. But classic EQ is designed to be played with near naked characters. And it is still easy.

You will get much more raid loot than anyone else in classic ever got if you join a casual raid guild soon enough.
    Misaligned likes this.
  14. Kittany Augur

If you think FBSS is a PITA, wait till you decide to camp the Half Elf Mask. It's a rare drop off of a rare mob. :p
  15. Laronk Augur

yeah, join a guild get a sky belt, imagine what the FBSS camp was like "in the day" with no picks and such geesh
  16. Ishbu Augur

Six whole spawn cycles without a named spawning?

My god, bring the servers down and hot fix immediately!

Wait, that sounds extremely routine and normal
  17. Jaime Lannister Augur

Camp something else to save money and buy an fbss.

There are more top end items pouring into the server due to every high end camp being taken 24/7 over multiple picks than classic ever had. Every item is easier to get now then ever before.

I had an efreeti group last weekend and went 7 hours straight without a spawn.
    Yesterday I joined one and won boots within 30 minutes.

That's EQ Baby.
  18. Dyzalot Augur

While the idea of spending Kronos on a FBSS is abhorrent to me, you are correct. After leveling from 30 to 46 in Lguk minus a couple of levels achieved in OOT and solb, I am now in the Hole. Going to have to sell caster gear (Loam) since that drops like candy in order to get that belt, if I want it. I'm not mad about the drop rate or anything in Lguk. It just sucks that after putting 50+ hours into that zone, the only drops I won rolls on were Moonstone rings and Dark Mail gloves, neither of which will get you much in the tunnel. No mask, no FBSS. I just can't imagine what it was like in that zone back on Fippy, when there were no picks.
  19. Machen New Member

The FBSS camp was impossible to get, and the mask typically had a three day line where if you went afk at any point you were kicked from the loot order. On the positive side, you could stand in line for three days and sell your place for literally a hundred thousand plat.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not to mention when the respawn timer hadn't been nerfed to what it is now.

Used to be, iirc, 28 mins 30 seconds in lguk.