Father's Day

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hibiki, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hibiki Journeyman

I haven't seen a post about this, maybe I missed it. Daybreak going to do XP bonus or anything else? Thanks!
  2. Cicelee Augur

I anxiously await the thread where someone says today is National Cookie Day, therefore EQ needs to give everyone cookies in game.

And BTW Father's Day is not one of the main holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Therefore no bonuses. And I say that as a father.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  3. Hibiki Journeyman

OK. I didn't know. I thought they did something for Mother's Day.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

They should do something for those days like some, "Bring Your Child to Norrath" promotions and figure out how way to get people to continue to build social connections that attach them to EQ.
    Coagagin, Marton and Cimbaeth like this.
  5. Ozon Augur

I haven't checked the calendar but I suspect the next big exp weekend will be the 4th of July.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Mother's day is a main holiday.

Just ask her.
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

As the Father of many boxes I can tell you, absolutely, this is the most important Father's day in history and requires, at a minimum, double faction, double xp and double rares for 7 solid days.
    Coagagin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Hayzeus Augur

I know haters are going to point out the exceptions to the exceptions to the exceptions, but if it's Father's Day... go spend the day with your family!
    Tarvas, Yinla, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

My kids are between 29 and 40 and five of them live out of state. I think I'll play EQ that day.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Pretty much sums up how I feel about most of their holiday-related bonuses. I've usually got other plans for (insert-holiday-name)-weekend.

I really love anniversary time, and I think the end-of-year bonuses, because they're spread out over many days, and at least some of them work well for me.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Visitor Augur

We just had Bonus XP rares and Faction over Memorial weekend. I suspect next bonus will be Labor day weekend.
  12. Riou EQResource

It will be with the same exp, rares and faction, and for like a week
  13. Marton Augur

I like you :D.
    Deux likes this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have teenage kids, I doubt they'll even remember.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

God forbid I get to do what I want on Father's day!
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

God forbid you should actually WANT to spend time with your family on Father's day
  17. Stymie Pendragon

I'm lucky to get a card, and I have 3 kids with 5 grandchildren. I'm always in favor of extra exp and a frosty mug anytime though;)
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's a holiday, families choose to celebrate them how they please. For our family Mother's/Father's day is treated as a vacation day.
  19. Strawberry Augur

Get back to work, the kitchen isn't going to clean itself.

[IMG]
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, they'll definitely remember.

Once they get past the teens they will only remember because they will be too busy criticzing you at a party they attended to get you a card or gift and then one of their friends will pipe up with, "you know it's Father's Day today right?".

"Oh, crap!"

:cool:
    Stymie likes this.