Fastest path to 300 hybrid reasearch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, May 1, 2018.

1. Critts Augur

Please link away or describe, also while technically not allowed trolling is looked upon fondly.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Merchants alliance quest then writing ink combines
    Critts and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I believe hybrid can also do the guidestones if you have the ethernere essences
    Critts likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Yes, hybrids can make guidestones.
    One thing to note about doing research on a non-caster. MANY vendor bought research components are flagged caster only, so if you have "show only items I can use" clicked, you won't be able to see much.

If you can get any, binding powders are always great bang for your buck, because you get 2 skill up combines per powder.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Do solutions till 240ish, then writing inks or binding powders. Even if you pay 1k+ per in the bazaar, it’s still a lot cheaper/painless compared to doing spells themselves.
  6. fransisco Augur

It should be noted that doing binding powders requires a int caster with the appropriate spells. You need to summon no-rent spell caster's essences for each powder.
    These spells are research only, not vendor sold
  7. svann Augur

I dont think that last part is right.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Some of the summon thing spells are research only and no drop, yes. But the things the spell actually summons that are used in the powder combine are tradeable, so they’re not particularly difficult to acquire.
  9. Cloudia Augur

The spells to summon focusing essence are available in PoK library from vendors.
    The summoned essence can be traded.
    To use binding powders all you need is a friendly caster to stand around summoning stacks of lvl appropriate essence for you. All else failing you could just create a heroic caster buy the spells and crank out all of them you need.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  10. Critts Augur

Love the added troll flavor..
  11. Critts Augur

12. Odiiusx Elder

It cost me a ton of plat, but this is how I made it to 300.
  13. Yimin Augur

14. fransisco Augur

Are the higher lvl ones sold in the library? I don't think I saw the top few ones there.
    Seriously Critts, whats your problem? Bad childhood?
  15. svann Augur

Yea they are. Remember that you need a caster to look or else unclick the show only what I can use button.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

I see all the ones up to Focus Runed available on vendors - is the Focus Mass Runed also on a vendor? I'm not seeing it.

Also, if you're just worried about getting to 300 - all this advice is fine. If you will eventually want to get all the way to 350 - you can also spend some time working your way up the trivial list and kill two birds with one stone. In my opinion what works best is what you have available with regard to ingredients. Personally, I leveled my ranger on powders :)
  17. Critts Augur

Mauled by cats. They have infectious bites.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. Gialana Augur

Back in Janurary, I looked on the spell merchants in PoK and couldn't find any of the create essence spells, so I made the the ones I was missing. I only made the mass versions since it's kind of pointless to only summon 1 at a time.
    I went back to the PoK spell merchants yesterday, and they did have the single item versions. When I unchecked the show only items I can use, I was able to see the mass versions that I had already scribed.

I am impressed that you leveled your ranger on the powders. On my server, I've never seen many powders for sell in the bazaar (when I've looked), and I haven't found a place where they drop more than maybe 2 an hour.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

Take a high level character to Undershore or Stoneroot - full of casters - start wiping out all the octopus headed things - lots of research items drop.

I am a massive hoarder and vendor diver. I have more than a dozen houses storing tradeskill items (even after the stacks increased to 1000). It's a compulsion for which I should probably seek treatment.
    :p
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

You're fine. I have over 30 houses full of TS stuff, collections, heros forge, and other miscellaneous crap :)