Fast boats, like really fast boats?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, May 20, 2019.

1. KermittheFroglok Augur

Am I crazy or are the ships between continents now crazy fast? I was just riding them for fun and they seem super fast, didn’t they use to take forever?

Does anyone know why they’re so fast now?
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They make the trip in 15 minutes, with a couple minutes of layover. They are so fast now because EQ is at a point in its life when taking 40-50 minutes to just transverse 2 zones is undesirable to most.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

But aren’t the translocators on the TLP servers? (or not?)
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I would not think so as they would be very out of era.
  5. Arhok House of Embertune

QOL because ye boats be buggy... yarr!
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The boats were disabled for a number of years (the original reason for the Translocators as I recall), and when they finally brought them back they were sped up like this.

I always just assumed it was like when you used to play an old DOS game on your 486 and you hit the Turbo button.
  7. Maedhros High King

Part of the nostalgia was taking a boat and praying you did not lag or go LD during your journey and end up in the very literal Ocean of Tears. It would be a disservice to deny that experience to the TLP crowd.
    Whulfgar and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Only a coward petitions for corpse recovery from lagging off the boat.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

I miss and relish my memories of those trips. During my first week of play I thought it’d be fun to log off on the boat to see where it was next time I logged in. When logged in it turned out to be way less fun than I expected, skilled up my swimming at least.
    BlueberryWerewolf and Maedhros like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

TBS with a laggy system was great. Get on a boat, zone, zone again missing the zone you wanted to go to.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.