Farming AAs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sweetiebear, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Sweetiebear New Member

I'm a level 52 human warrior right now and I'm trying to farm AAs. Right now I'm hunting in Old Sebilis for named mobs. Is this the "best" location? I'm using a website called Almarsguides.com, Old Sebilis was listed and seemed the best to me. Thanks in advance! :D
  2. Yther Augur

There are probably better for experience, but not by a ton. The key thing about Seb, is you can get some good items, like Truncheon of Doom for a 50% slow, and Silken Whip of Ensnaring to snare mobs, as well as some other good items (AE proc weapons, Fungus Covered Scale Tunic, Tash proc weapon (Journeyman's Walking Stick).

Yther Ore.
  3. monegames Journeyman

best thing i could tell you is level to 59. then hit AC its a great AA spot. its in almar's guides. i went from 15 or so aas to about 140 in just 2 days playing about 3 to 4 hrs each day.
  4. Numiko Augur

the Hole is still good with great zem. for lower level grinding I find the older the content the better.

Older mobs tend to have lower AC and Hit Points making the "grind" go much faster.. the offset though is the spawn rate in the older dungeons is slow as it was designed for you to be able to med for 15 minutes between fights.
  5. Sweetiebear New Member

I'm tempted to try the Hole now, Numiko. I haven't been on since this post so I'm still camped in Old Seb, however. :\ Thanks for all the help, mates. :)
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Nothing wrong with Sebilis at your level; I also like City of Mist, but that only works up to 55 if you are the only one in the zone. You should take a look at Grieg's End as well; the Hole covers a wider level range, but it can be tricky getting to the city area unless you know it well already. Acrylia Caverns is another great spot at your level.
  7. Sweetiebear New Member

Well... Uhm. Wow. I'm a newb. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any AA exp, and it turns out I had forgotten to turn on the AA exp gain... :\ Now I'm finally getting AAs! :p But I realize now that I'm only level 52 and don't have access to the AAs I want, should I just go back to questing until 59 and then hit up a zone to farm AAs? Or what else could I do? :) Thanks again for all the help, mates!
  8. Riou EQResource

Yes, if there are no AA you want, should just bank 30 (so you can spend them immediately when you hit the level while they are probably easier now) then just continue leveling to the next set of AA you want
  9. monegames Journeyman

set your aa to 80xp/20aa till 59. you will get quite a few aa as you level and get some basics out of the way. when you get to 59, and have a death penalty buffer, check out almar's guide for Acrylia Caverns. mobs there die fast and give great aa xp at 59. i stayed there on my monk till i maxed almost all my important aas for that lvl and it only took about 2 to 3 days only playing 3 hrs a day. dont forget to use your lesson if you have it.
  10. Grumpie New Member

The Hole is popular for MOLO AFK AA grinding...
  11. Borek-VS Augur

Both of the two strategies for AA work - go 100% AA if you want to get those rewards fast, or 80/20 if you don't want to be bothered.

The only 51-54 AAs worth getting are run speed and metabolism - get those if you like, bank 30 and go to 55 and get as many of those as you like. These are the best value AAs at any level (apart from a few of the class AAs), so it is always worth filling them out as soon as you can.
  12. Sebbina Augur

Grind out levels to 61-65, that will allow you and your merc to have the best buffs, Credence-Hp buff that runs near 5 hours, plus haste regen and DS. With high end buffs, you and your merc can do temple of Droga in the Frontier mtns, mobs top out at 61, plat, gems, tradeskill parts and Chardok faction gains. Once you are happy with your AA count, it would be time to level and find new hunting grounds. Note that kunark zones being quite old have lower DPS, HP mobs so killing there is a lot easier, but gets boring, unless you let one run and get a train, in which case origin or gate potion could be your best friend.
  13. Cakeny Augur

Where should an 87 cleric with way too few aa go to grind aa? I would prefer doing it without a merc.
  14. Mady New Member

Try the spider pit in Valdenholm.
  15. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

Not disagreeing, just asking for clarification. ND, CS and CA aren't worth getting, or are they worth getting, just not that early?
  16. Angrif Lorekeeper

ND, CS, and CA are all vital to a warrior... you just can't get them until 55. That's what Borek meant. Before you hit level 55 run speed and metab are the only ones that are really useful
  17. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

My bad. You are correct.
  18. Yther Augur

Depends on what you like too, as many utility ones are available at 51, just most ppl don't worry about them at the time, like Battle Ready, Eyes Wide Open, Mystical Attuning, New Tanaan Crafting Mastery, and Quick Draw. On a War I usually get Battle Ready maxed at 51, 'cause I switch weapons alot for procs. I'm a strange one though, as I still think Innate Regen is worth getting at 1 AA each for the the first 3 ranks and really boosts your Regen rate at those levels, (See http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Racial_Regeneration), but in the long run, some people think it isn't important. It's hard to say it does now-a-days end game, but it does add up.

Innate Run Speed isn't worthwhile if you already have 50% or better run speed clicky (Fabled Journeyman Boots as an example) or buffs, or you're really needing buff slots. There's so many variables to hard to cover reason why it may be good or not.

Yther Ore.