Farewell Again For Now

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Amtwo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Amtwo New Member

I deactivated my accounts yesterday. I may reactivate them for the umpteenth time later this year when the weather changes. My problem this time? One of my characters will not assign agents to overseer quests.

When I petitiioned the issue, I was told to delete game files to "fix it," but I don't want to delete my UI files. I deleted all non-ui files that they recommended and it did nothing to fix the problem. I spent significant time creating my game experience and I have no wish to do it all over again. Why are there client side files involved with the overseer at all?

I love the game, but I can't stand the bugs and glitches that require the user to fix rather than the people who took my money every month for many years..I've seen some real positive changes and I hope they continue, but I am out for now.

2. Schadenfreude Augur

Thanks for keeping us updated.
    I don't want your stuff.
    Coagagin, Seor and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Step 0. Is the character level 85 or above?

Step 1. Rename the UI file for the character with the problem, I put OLD in front so it ends up as OLD_playername.servername.ui

Step 2. Load up the game, enter world as problem character, copy ui from the OLD_playername.servername.ui file checking all of the the additional boxes.

Step 3. You now have a fresh non-corrupt UI file for the character without losing your screen arrangement, hotkeys etc.

Step 4. Check if this now allows you to use Overseer correctly.
  4. Jolav Journeyman

You sound like a sad teenage girl who stomps out of the room making a scene whenever things do not go your way.
    Dibab likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes, we the player base, have better solutions. Keep that in mind next time you join up.
  6. svann Augur

Farewell now and always!
  7. Cicelee Augur

Of all the reasons to quit Everquest...

Overseer?
    Metanis, IblisTheMage, Seor and 6 others like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It the "look at me" generation again.
    Seor, Waitwhat, Dibab and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

If you look hard enough for an excuse, one will usually be found.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yay...less lag for the rest of us.
  11. haaaalp Augur

Later quitter.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Given how minor this issue is, and given that you consciously decided not to follow the provided directions to fix it, I am absolutely not surprised you've quit umpteen times before!
    Winnowyl and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Broozer Augur

Because there is nothing cooler than telling a bunch of people you don't know or even care about that you are quitting... :p
    Seor likes this.
  14. Password1234 Augur

I would like to announce that I am quitting due to the /pizza command being discontinued. I haven't tried overseer yet, but I am also quitting because of that.
    Flatchy, Dibab and Seor like this.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm quitting because /gems hasn't been updated in like two decades.
    Dibab and Seor like this.
  16. Moege Augur

It was updated you just did not want to install the new graphics, provided by a player free of charge !
  17. Amtwo New Member

You sound like a jerk.
    Shanarias likes this.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

watch that door as it swings back at ya on the way out.
    Dibab likes this.
  19. The real Sandaormo Augur

Overseer is great! Got a couple ornaments and can fill up your exp if you die on raids.

I remember a time in the old days when we didn't have it. I do not want to go back to that.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why in the name of all that is Norrathian would you not make copies of those files before deleting them???
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.