Family Guilds

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tvarian, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tvarian Augur

Thought I'd throw this out here since I've had no replies in the guild recruitment section. Are there any family style guilds that are looking for players? I'm looking for a guild where players like to group, and not simply have a bunch of boxers on their roster who don't play with anyone else. I'm looking for players who would like to do some group progression. Myself, I'd like to do TDS and TBM, but I don't mind doing other expansions as well. I'd like to get out of the constant Gribble HAs for xp and do some other content. Main toon is a 102 zerker, but I also have a SK that I sometimes play as well (87).

If any guilds are recruiting, I'd love to roll an alt and check out the guild, and then I'd transfer my toons over. I play mostly around EST times.

I was reading on some other posts, and iirc, a good starting server to look would be Xegony or Bristlebane. Any others that I should check out where there are decent populated family guilds?
  2. Picaresque Augur

Those are good servers and Corwyn posts in guild recruitment quite often (Lions of the Heart - Xegony). On Rathe, there are at least three that are good: Looting Please Wait, The Eternal Darkness and Embers of the Fallen. I cannot speak to the last two, but LPW members often group together, especially if you have teamspeak.
  3. Tvarian Augur

Thanks. For some reason I totally missed the Corwyn post.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Lots of fun on LPW's Team Speak :). Even if you aren't in a group with them its often a fun place to hang out.

My guild on the Rathe (Battle Cry) also does family progression, however I have to admit finding groups before the mid 90's is hard sometimes. As with most mid sized guilds you will find people to drop down and go through back-flagging progression with you but it will be more hit and miss.
  5. Moralius New Member

www.embersofthefallen.com

My eyes honestly bleed every time I see someone LFG in DH. We are a grouping guild that is working on progression in all expansions as well as raiding (starting small) we have 117 toons in the guild (42 Real people) and everyone helps each other out.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Moralius
  6. Pani Augur

Pactus Aquilus on Xegony is looking for more players. We are a family style raiding guild. Raiding is non mandatory, but we encourage members to raid with us.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I should mention though that although Lions is a large guild we still have those that box. You can't avoid boxing in any guild with Everquest these days.

Large guilds improve the chance of grouping but a lot of it ends up being how the player approaches things. Grouping is also very sporadic below level 85 no matter what anyone tells you.

I also always suggest dropping a toon in a guild or multiple guilds and check them out first. Nothing helps better then first hand experience.
  8. Tvarian Augur

Actually, I did make alts and join a few guilds and talked to some people, which is the best way to go. Every guild I contacted was happy for me to join an alt and see how they were.

And to Corwyhn, I only have one word to say... RAWR!
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh :)