Falling krono prices

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, May 22, 2018.

1. kizant Augur

The Krono prices should be going up. Once new ownership takes over they'll likely raise the subscription price while still honoring current Kronos. You all should be stockpiling them!
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Krono prices have been falling on AB.
    As was mentioned above, pp has been in demand recently for tradeskills.
    Plus the Krono sale for an additional supply to a mostly saturated "market".

And a more or less consequent ignoring of item farmers that want to sell their botted EoK raid-copies for kronos leaves more of them for sale.
  3. frankie78227 Augur

Pretty much. I'm to the point I barely play now anyways. My last gold account runs out on June 2 and I don't find the current content fun at all, so I really don't think I would miss EQ that much. I would feel bad for all the non-krono farmers who still like the game and enjoy it. And also the cheats program designers who make income from their programs.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I can go buy item xyz from any store in RL and sell or barter it and that's not gambling that's called business. Try harder to explain the correlation or admit there isn't one. It's ok to be wrong in life. The smartest people in the world are wrong also from time to time the most reasonable ones are willing to admit it and move on.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LOL...
    This is wrong too...
    The mafia calls what they do "business" or "favors" too, it's still crime.
    Words are nothing but smoke and mirrors, deeds are what counts.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What?
    Schadenfreude, Sancus and svann like this.
  7. blood & gufts Augur

The Price of something will always flux, depending on what people believe, that the sky is the limit, or the earth goes under.

Also people will always try to influence the prices, if you wanna buy, you trying to give impression that the prices will go down, and other way around.

And should surprise me much, if not at least 2 of the persons posting here are are lobbying for increase/decrease price
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Horyuken Augur

This reminds me of the bitcoin reddit. HODL that Krono kids!
  9. Aurastrider Augur

The mafia isn't using craigslist to sell their crap they no longer need they are just taking what they want either with force or fear. I don't get the correlation between gang activity and standard buying and selling of goods. I am always interested in hearing the logic behind the thought but I am not seeing it here.
  10. Millianna Augur

I can certainly trade randomized loot drops for Krono and then cash that Krono out for cash.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You could also simply cash out the loot for cash. So ummmm... go on?
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Kronos lose in-game value because there are fewer people farming plat. Simple as that.

It seems that all the hatred against farmers has come to bite you on the . Get rid of them, and there really aren't enough "regular" players to support the game. Goes hand-in-hand with the ironic requests to remove TrueBox from Phinny. Be careful what you wish for :D

But don't worry. DBG doesn't need to rely on Kronos. I'd much rather just buy 2 million plat for $15, rather than jump through the arbitrary hoop of selling a krono in-game. Have fun!
  13. Aurastrider Augur

How does this even relate to your initial arguement comparing them to gambling unless you are just running as many ideas as you can to try and justify getting rid of them?
  14. Millianna Augur

Kronos are comparable to poker chips that can be cashed out at any time. There’s not much else to say.
  15. Aamonn_Erollisi New Member

Why would people dump their Kronos for in-game plat if they felt the game was going to shut down? That makes a lot of sense...
  16. Millianna Augur

Kronos by themselves do not constitute as gambling, but they can be used with other aspects of the game in a way that constitutes as gambling. They are a liability. There really isn’t a reason to have them in the game.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You could say the exact same thing about dollar bills. Are you suggesting all currency should be removed from life?

And equating kronos to poker chips would be correct, if there was a legal way to cash them out and if poker chips lost 50% of their value when you cashed out. Hmm, in retrospect, it doesn't really look like they are similar to poker chips at all.

The card-packs that DBG pushes on you every month (when you claim your 500 SC stipend) are an example of gambling. Kronos are just tradeable gift cards, nothing else.
  18. Jetslam Augur

Elaborate on this. I can't think of a way to turn them into gambling in any way.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Sorry but this is not very good logic. Every tradable item in game could be converted into real world money. They are not a liability they are a good source of income for daybreak. There isn't any reason to get rid of them unless you like the idea of no EQ or even more people without a job.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Go back to eBay... type in brain in the search bar. Order a new one. Your discount model is failing.