Factionhits for classquests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grouse, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Grouse New Member

When doing the quest/task An epic request, there is a subtask required that gives a factionhit against to QRG Protected Animals. Is this how it is supposed to be? As a druid I have spent 12 years to avoid lowering that faction, but now it is done.
    Is this correct? Will it be fixed?

The reason I ask is that this faction used to be unrepairable.
  2. gcubed Augur

Go to Surefall Glade. Find the bloodsabre defiler. Kill her and loot her head. Give head to Salmekia in the big hollow tree. Postive hits for Guards of Qeynos, Jaggedpine Treefolk, Protectors of the Pine and QRG Protected Animals. Negative faction hit for Unkempt Druids.
    Grouse likes this.
  3. Tobynn Augur

QRG Protected Animals and Unkempt Druids are inconsistent opposing factions. Quests that increase one or the other will decrease the opposing faction, but killing NPCs will lower both. Example: kill any of the unkempt around the giant druid ring in Rathe Mountains and you will decrease both factions.

It would seem that killing the unkempt messenger/preserver in West Karana as part of the druid's Path of the Unkempt sub-quest to An Epic Ornamentation should rightfully increase faction with QRG not decrease it. However, killing other unkempt results in the same twin faction hits.

Yes, the QRG faction can be repaired; there are several ancient old quests available that give positive QRG hits.
    Grouse likes this.
  4. Grouse New Member

Thanks for answers:)
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

When I was a little Fen back in '99, we mob-riot killed Holly Windstalker. She died a glorious death after the 50-or-so of us within Qeynos Hills were tired of her aggroing us when trying to exp.

As such, my faction with Surefall Glade has been...unhappy.. since. All Druid teleports to there have resulted in my rapid-fire Divine Aura sprints to the zone line.

That's nice to know, if it works!
  6. gcubed Augur

My human ranger is ally to QRG Protected Animals from doing the first part of the druid newbie scimitar quest every time he goes home to visit mom for milk and cookies. /shrug
  7. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

how about dwarf paladin faction there is a quest for an item that is hight elf human and so one usuable yet only starting swarfs can get it pls bring this faction back