Faction removal for HoT

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spinstun, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Spinstun Journeyman

Just wondering with the RoF expansion if the faction requirements for zones and spells will be removed. They did this awhile back and said anything 2 expansions back that this would happen. Makes since because they leaked you can do a single mission to max your VOA language requirements when RoF comes out.
    If they do not disappear can we expect the solo task to have a mega jump in faction value to get away from having to do all those missions to get yours spells if you are trying to catch up?
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Faction has nothing to do with opening zones in HoT. It is just a byproduct from doing the missions/quest. You still have to faction in every other expansion to get your rank II. spells unless they have become player makeable. I think you can research everything up to level 80 right now.
  3. Izcurly Augur

That's anything MORE THAN two expansions back, not counting the current expansion. That means when RoF is launched, UF should be unlocked, not HoT. Faction was not part of that policy, only the unlocking of progression flags. As for spells, rank 1 is readily available if you need them at all. If rank 2 is really such a big deal for you (shouldn't be), then do the work.
  4. Spinstun Journeyman

So this means you will help! Gotta love trolls and even ogres. I forgot current expansion was considered one of the 2.
    I get to play about an hour a day. Its almost impossible to get a group set up for this older content and to accomplish these group missions like 6 or something in an hours time. The solo arent as hard as people in the zones help out with that just not many wanting to do the missions. I just figured since VoA was going to basically get a skipped step they might consider doing the same for HoT. Even upping the faction gained on the solo steps would be nice.
  5. roth Augur

Seeing as HoT only HAD one faction, almost anything you do in there (from killing, to questing) will work on improving that faction. It may not be as fast as you like, but if you only have an hour a day to play, then that is going to be the case with whatever you set your mind to do in EQ anyway.
    Vouivre and Straahdx like this.
  6. Straahdx Augur

This. The only thing faction was used for in hot was the dream mote vendor guy..
    Vouivre likes this.