F1P Max AA and Mercs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by EQChanter4Life, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

Netflix :)
  2. Quatr Augur

These days VRV, which has all of Stargate and more anime than you can watch in 5 years, is pretty competitive if you are a geek. And what self-respecting EQ player is not a geek?!? :D
    Tiggold likes this.
  3. Quill Augur

In 2018? Lol.. everybody has a service where it *only* costs like $10 or so a month. A 19-year old game called Everquest? $15.

HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, WoW, MoviePass, blah de blah de blah. $10 here and $15 there, and pretty soon you're talking real money. In that arena, EQ is a unicorn and heavily overpriced, particularly given you likely need 2-3 accounts to do it right, if subbing. If playing TLP, figure in a computer each and the setup to lash it the more systems you add.

If its all you do, then knock yourself out paying $45 a month, $540 a year. Or $359 a year in bulk, up front. I mean, everybody has to have a hobby, just don't pretend this one is inexpensive simply by framing it to JUST $15/month :>.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. Quatr Augur

That's why the saying "You can afford anything, but you can't afford everything" exists :)
  5. Aurastrider Augur

As someone else already stated this for me Netflix or any streaming service like it could never provide me with the amount of entertainment that EQ does. For me those types of entertainment are way to passive while EQ is rather active entertainment. Sure there are times when someone can be "engaged" in a show or movie and maybe there are conversations that stem from those types of entertainment but EQ is pretty hands on. Even when I don't have time to play it provides me with forum quest where some times the conversations are not very thought filled and other times there is a lot of thought put into concepts revolving around this game. I do enjoy Netflix for what it is but it could never replace EQ and if I had to choose between the two it would not be a difficult decision to make. I personal get way more entertainment and find more quality in this type of active entertainment than I do in most passive forms of entertainment.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Only if you pay for those ;) There are third party programs that are the equivalent of sneaking in the back door of the movie theater or ways to manipulate your credit cards.