Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Sancus Augur

I am skeptical that, of the dozens of passive and activated modifiers present in EQ, a passive 10% focus was the one that made balance too hard.
    Axxius, Scornfire and Brohg like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That makes zero sense. Raids are balanced around raid geared. Groups around group gear.

There is no reason to not do the achievements for people 1-2 times a year if its valuable. Any guild can do them all now. Well, now there is no reason, because in 5 months its worthless.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is easy to say until you have to do those raids 2-3 times (assuming people don't mess up the achievements) each cycle and some of the achievements are becoming harder due to increased dps.
    Warpeace likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In my humble opinion anything % based focus is bad for the game. Look at cleve, fero etc, they have hit a level where they cannot be increased, had the been a flat increase by X amount instead of % they could have gone on indefinatly.

But hey what do I know....
  5. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

There are ways to do less DPS...
    • load lower level spells
    • use an old weapon
    • take less people
    • stop casting / attacking every once in a while
    Having the ability to do too much DPS isn't a real problem when you can turn it all off.
    When people screw up the achievements, just have them sit in the guild lobby. You obviously don't need a full force to do the raids to get the achievements, so don't handicap yourselves by bringing along the numbskulls that can't handle something like Dance, Dance Retribution or whatever it is that they're failing for you.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How do you turn off riposts?
    Try doing Ashengate and pick the smallest mob, without riposting the wrong mob to death.
  7. Drogba Augur

equip a no dmg primary, such as the crescent reach teleportation staff, mod rod, etc
    Scornfire likes this.
  8. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

That is such a non-issue. Every damn tank needs to have a non-dps setup in their bandolier. I can't even imagine raid tanks not having one setup because it's such a basic requirement.

FYI... You can also turn around or duck to stop ripostes. You can even equip tradeskill trophies in primary and secondary just because you might have forgotten to turn off auto-skill with bash.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So how do you damange the one you want to kill?
  10. Warpeace Augur

Everyone else but the Tanks? Big boys and girls can tank no damage and hold agro.

These raids are a pain as we gain more power because it easy to over dps. Probably need rusty daggers at 115.
  11. Drogba Augur

activated abilities, magic, pets, or position the ones you want/don't want killed in such a way so that those u dont want to kill are behind you, then you can take your weapon out.(mob moving abilities help facilitate this)

Or use a second player to aggro, so you can attack what you want without worry.
  12. Xorsazis Augur

Warriors will still Return Kick, although its not super duper DPS or anything to get worked up about unless you're doing level 10 content.

Also, let this thing die. I've attended enough raids for this to have two toons with it and one toon halfway there. I never want to see TBM raids again.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does non DPS weapons stop banestrike from fireing?
  14. Drogba Augur

no, but turning attack off will.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Maybe we can get TLP to petition to nerf the eyes so no one ever wants them? Then they can just be a relic of EQ past like they should be.
  16. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

This'll still be useful for my toons /whistle. Clerics and Necros, the champs of utilizing spells from 30 levels ago

per old raid Balancing, debuff the mobs and plop necro aura(s), easiest method
  17. Mazame Augur

Use a non damage item in you main and off hand. TS Trophy is a simple one to get. If you are holding 2 trophy then you will not riposte. you can then use lower damage spells to control your dps.