Eyes of Life and Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Apr 4, 2018.

1. smash Augur

It is given out as reward for achievements in TBM, and max effect is 110, is there any plans of upping the effect working to 115, 120 (if max level goes above 110) ?
  2. kizant Augur

It would be out of the ordinary to change items/effects from old expansions.
  3. Eanelder Augur

The 10% bonus on healing and damaging abilities on this Aug is rather significant. My concern, if it was extended to match future max levels, is that guilds would continually have to revisit old content to acquire it. As its the result of MANY achievements this (for most progression guilds) would seem unlikely. As a result, you would have to rely on pick up raids, or hope that the required content is groupable at those higher levels.

If you don't go back and do the content then your in a situation where you have players with a definite edge over others (those with vs without the aug)

IMO, a new version of the aug should be made for future levels, or it should be dropped altogether.

If they do drop it altogether, I believe there is still an issue. Isn't 10% the generally damage and healing spells increase each expansion? Would a player with the aug be better off using lvl 110 spells with the +10% aug and 110 mana costs OR using lvl 115 spells with +10% dmg (by level increase )and increased mana cost?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. svann Augur

Id be for this if they also make it obtainable from ros content.
    :rolleyes:
  5. menown Augur

RoS received a 21% increase on most spells for most classes. Obvious exceptions, at least upon release of the expansion, were higher increases on revamped Dots and lower increases (or stagnation) on berzerker abilities.

I would assume that the trend for level increase expansions is around there. Level increase expansion > 10%. Up to you to decide if efficiency is more important than raw potential.
  6. Sancus Augur

There's a fair amount of precedent for changing items/effects from old expansions actually. CotF T2 foci were changed from level 100 to 103 cap when level 105 was announced, for example. And there were at least a few spells (Skin to Seedlings comes to mind) that had their max level changed from 100 to 105 prior to TDS launch. Granted, the majority of items/effects are left unchanged, but I wouldn't consider it uncommon to see adjustments to existing ones.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the potential obsoletion of Eyes of Life and Decay for quite a while at the current rate of level cap increases. If they keep upgrading Focus AAs with future expansions, it'll be slowly diminished anyways for a lot of classes. If focus AAs got to 50% prior to 115, going from 150% to 160% is quite a bit less than going from 100% to 110% (although still not insignificant).

Personally, I'd like to see the 10% added in as baseline or have a new item added with a higher level cap. It seems like a pretty easy achievement reward to create a copy of Eyes of Life and Decay that scales up to 115 in the next expansion or something. That stops guilds from having to go back to TBM, and stops us from "losing" that 10%.

I do think "losing" 10% without compensation would disproportionately hurt certain classes a bit, so I'd prefer not to go down that route. It's also one of the very few things that raiding casters get that actually matters for DPS; it's kind of nice to have something that fulfills that role. Ngreth isn't the biggest fan of things that scale though, so I feel like the balance of probabilities is we don't see another item-based upgrade to it :(
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The important thing to manage is that content is tuned around having certain items and abilities. If some become obsolete, then whoever is tuning the content needs to be aware of it.
  8. kizant Augur

I bet they'll add a new item when the time comes. It'll probably have a very nice and forward thinking level 125 cap to go along with it's new SPA 302 based effect.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I vote we all never have to step foot in TBM ever again haha :) New Dicto Spell in a future expansion, please!
    Slippry likes this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Wouldn't it be fairly simple to add an equivalent item as the reward for completing the current expansion's raid achievements? Call it "Eyes of Perpetual Bleeding Sorrow" and give it the same 10% modifiers. If you have the one from TBM fine and dandy. If you are a recent raider then you could achieve a similar reward for a similar effort of the original item. And the EQ team wouldn't have to work hard at all to create "new" content. Win - Win - Win!
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That would be fine but I must say I much prefer vanity items on raid achievements. Achievements in general are cookie cutter game development that is a blight unto gamers for it's supplement to actual game content.

Ngreth has the recipe already, which he did even better this go in RoS over what he did in EoK. That being that the raid versions of special chase items are superior in the effects rather than just statistically. I personally would rather see that continue to be the vehicle for anything special outside the normal gear templates and their effects be driven.

From there, the Dev team can decide if players will need to settle on lesser stats to keep a novel effect. My Magelo is not padded, that is my set up (and is so most Rangers as well) on raids I use my bow as my primary weapon for the novel effects gained plus the Heroic Dex gain over dual weapons set up.
  12. smash Augur

Imo, reduce present eyes to be capped at 105.

Then put new eyes in for raid achievement of RoS, which would then be capped at 110.

When level go for 115, new eyes there capped at 115... and so on.

For RoS the raid achievement rewards would then be worth fighting for instead of some ornaments that not going to be used.

RoS is in that regard lacking stuffs TBM had, progression/achievements things like eyes/progres spell
    Brohg likes this.
  13. Horyuken Augur

Guys think of the TLP servers, will they get the pre-nerf level 110 eyes or will they get the ones that ARE ALREADY changed and go up to level 150. If we have to wait for this to happen Parthin please take note of the hours minutes and seconds this takes before the change takes place so you can write a script that will simulate this time the base population had to wait till the new eyes went into effect when level changes go past 110.

Thanks
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    keviin101higuys likes this.
  15. Zarzac Augur

I would hope a 115 expansion would see a new version along with new Dicho spells. "Having" to go back and farm TBM if the old item was upgraded wouldn't be much fun for anyone.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Traditionally we have to go back to do older content for old content rewards.
    It's annoying (90% of the people asked to go back never want to see it again). But people often will just to help out their team.

Epics are a big example of this (although easy enough now I imagine most classes can solo them)
  17. roth Augur

Where do you see this?
  18. smash Augur

Check effect at example Allakhazan.
  19. Skalde Elder

[49694] Eyes of Life and Decay
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Base Spell Effectiveness by 10%
    2: Limit Class: ALL
    3: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    4: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Effect: Current HP Non Repeating
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP Repeating
    7: Limit Effect: Skill Attack
    Improves the power of your damaging and healing abilities by #1%.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I think it is far too early to be worrying about this, we have only just got level 110, it will be another 2 or 3 expansions before we get level 115, who knows what the devs have planned for us during that time, there may well be a better aug by the time level 115 comes around.

Then again we may not be playing at all then! Who knows what the future has instore for us, hit by a bus tomorrow, kidnapped by aliens or a meteor hitting earth next year, we just don't know, or we may have all got a life and are enjoying the great outdoors.....ok that last one maybe a bit far fetched!
    Maedhros likes this.