[ Exultant Inhabited Muhbis ]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Oquni, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Cadira Augur

For tanks (or anyone) to get some gear that's almost as good as the muhbis gear to alleviate all the punishment these new raids give out, until they can shell out the dkp/coins required for bis moobs if that's what they want.

For your alts to easily fill out with gear better than group gear.

To gear up new apps so they aren't so squishy that one ae kills them from having group gear or worse.
  2. Oquni Journeyman

True. But this feels like the total opposite of RoS, and don't get me started on the stat 'luck'.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Is it really different though? Both have two paths to raid gear with one being slightly better than the other. This time it just happen to be the trade skill method, still gets people to continue showing up after they get fill "raid" gear for those smaller upgrades.
  4. Oquni Journeyman

When I came back over almost a year ago (missing a full year of Everquest raiding with SR) I had to wrap my head around Conflagrant and Flawless Conflagrant Diamonds to make raid gear that was not 'as good' as the visibles from raid. Given that it also took the clutches of EoK to make said RoS raid gear.

...In general it just feels weird. I see that most tradeskill items however are the non-visibles (I could be wrong on this) but as for most gear that drops that is a non-visible my route would have to be whatever the base item is and use a 'muhbis' on it.

Here's the 'Ascending' list if anyone is interested: Ascending - EQ Allakhazam
  5. Lianeb Augur

Try a Search For Heavenly Glorious
  6. Oquni Journeyman

That's tier 2 right? Yeah i figured the tier 1 upgrade of Veiled Victorious Horizon set that drops from raid. Then the 'muhbis' itself upgrades only non-visible items.

RoS allowed you to upgrade both vis and non-vis as conflagrant, this plays differently unless there IS a tradeskill version of vis gear that can be made. (TBL focuses on raid vis tier 1 > tier 2 / non-vis droppable raid gear and its counterpart 'muhbis' made raid gear.)
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

...you made this post without understanding how the Exultant Muhbies are used?

o_O
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Monkman Augur

/headdesk
  9. Oquni Journeyman

I did but neither EQ resources or Allakhazam has a full rundown on that. It's been a lot of guesswork, but it's neither here nor there if you wanna get technical about it. The main post was to drop more of said item not find out if it is vis or non-vis or both.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then surely the raids should be dropping 2 pieces of extra normal raid gear to compensate for the lack of 2 tradeskill pieces.
  11. Brohg Augur

What? They already are
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just had another chechk Stratos (which as the one I checked) does 2 vis & 2 non vis, seems Fire and Smonke do 4 non vis 2 vis. Random as to how many drops or messed up?
  13. Alarya Augur

It makes perfect sense that someone who put in the time and effort to get their TS's up that they are then rewarded for such a daunting task. If you don't like it, no one really cares.
  14. Astral64 Augur

That makes no sense. You could have 0 skill in every trade and wear full muhbis crafted raid gear.

The crafted containers for the final combine are all tradable and available in the bazaar.

Don't get me wrong, I like the muhbis system.
    Waring_McMarrin and menown like this.
  15. svann Augur

Why not? They all get used so by definition they are worthwhile.
  16. Voxynn Elder

So 3 tiers of gear this round..

T1 raid
    T2 raid
    Trade skill raid

Right ?
  17. svann Augur

No, I think its just raid and TS raid. There are items that dont drop till T2 but they arent necessarily better than similar slot items in T1.
  18. Cadira Augur

T1, 2, 3 gear
    Ts (moob) gear
    Gmm gear (non vis only, iirc)

So best gear is moob weapons and visibles and gmm for non vis
  19. Mazame Augur

Just going off what you posted here:
    in RoS the chest gave 2 Visible, 6 Diamonds and 2 non visible. The Diamonds made 3 items because it took 2 diamonds.

In TBL you have 2 visible, 1 lamp and 2 non visible. so this would be a loss of 2 items in you are looking at TBL vs RoS.

I understand that in TBL the TS gear is best in slot but in ROS the visible that were "best in slot" dropped 2 per chest. So would it not stand to reason that if you wanted to gear up a toon using Best in slot that you should have 2 lamps drop? I am not saying 6 like in RoS because I understand TS gear in RoS was not Best in slot but still.

For example just looking at the numbers ( yes I understand because of the RNG the item you want wont always drop)
    RoS = you need 8 viable and 11 non viable (not counting weapons) if the RNG was on your side you could gear a toon in 6 events. that means 324 events to gear a full raid that 36 weeks. to get a raid best in slot.

TBL = you need 19 Muhbis = 19 events = 1026 for a full raid = 114 weeks = 2.2 years to get raid best in slot. I not talking about alts or guilds that have more then 54 ppl who raid.

I can under stand wanting to make it take longer to gear a raid but I think over two years is a bit much so again a would ask you to consider upping the mubis to 2 or maybe 3
    Oquni likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

4 evolver slots.

Non-vis from GMM raids are higher stats.

Muhbises are on the raid vendor, they cost ~3weeks of currency
    Sancus likes this.