Extreme lag in some events

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Kiras Augur

Certain events cause really extreme lag for me. Particularly notable are High Bokon Boromas and Anashti-Sul enslaver of Souls phase 1. Queen was also doing the same, but I cut down on the lag there a lot by changing my chat filters to remove others' spells (I suspect healer rain messages might have been lagging me there).

Does anyone know if there's certain graphical settings that are causing the issues on Bokon and Enslaver?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Unsure, but I do know I see similar. Boromas it's most noticeable. When the first set of adds spawn I take a lag hit.
  3. Reval Augur

I know this is heresy, but try /log off when the lag hits. It fixes it for me.
  4. Brohg Augur

If that works, then there's better fixes. In particular, setting an exception in your virus scanner for everquest/logs/

If that doesn't fix it immediately on its own, you can also adjust with /logint 1, instead of 0. This reduces GINA's responsiveness, if you're using that tool for better audio triggers, but leaves it operable.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's most certainly your AV software doing realtime scans on your logs. Make the exception and your problems will vanish.
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Good idea. Also check to make sure your log file isn't too large. Anything over 100MB is likely to cause issues. I move it when it gets to 10MB. Either move it to another folder if you want to save it or just delete it if you don't.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

I only keep the previous month's data in my log file. I delete out everything before that.
  9. Dropfast Augur

They broke log interval for a lot of systems a while ago including mine. Try " /loginterval 1 " . This will solve the problem if your having non stop can't even move lag on raids ect. However, anytime an event spawns a bunch of adds at once, you'll still lag for second or 2. It doesn't seem to matter how beast a system is, the lag from mobs spawning can't be helped as far as I know. I don't lag anywhere but even on High Bokon when that first set spawns I lag as well for a second.