extended target window trouble

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Jun 3, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

I have renamed my group's mercenaries and pets. I would like to save a target set on my cleric with my 4 players (druid, enchanter, magician, cleric), 2 mercenaries (caster and healer), and 2 pets (magician, enchanter) all in a static list.

The target set works only for the player characters. I can then add the mercenaries and pets with the Current Target option in the Extended target window, but they are not saved to the target set and the targets are lost whenever I zone.

Does anyone know of a way to make this function as it should and respect NPC targets in the saved list and after zoning? Doing this by hand is pretty tedious; is there a social command that can be used to automate this in any way? I can use /target name to acquire the pet or merc, but is there another command to add it to the Extended Target Window in a specific slot? I'm looking for something like a reverse /xtar 5 to assign the NPC.

Edit: Ah, I think this might work. I just learned about /xtar add from http://www.jaburt.com/eq/general.htm
  2. moogs Augur

It's clunky and it's only a workaround to the problem of NPCs not being saved in the sets, but I've got this working. One macro reads:

/pause 5, /tar petname1
    /xtar add
    /pause 5
    /pause 5, /tar petname2
    /xtar add

Now I have two socials, one for pets and one for mercenaries. (The one for mercenaries requires slightly longer pause times.) We could really use more social lines.
  3. moogs Augur

And no. The merc one works fine. The pet one works fine...until you zone. I made it in POK and it had no trouble picking up the pet targets. Now that I'm in another zone, EQ is all like, "I don't see anyone by that name around here...". It's as though the pets are recreated as entirely new entities every time their masters zone. This should be fixed.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I noticed that pets vanish from xtar too recently.
    I can not "prove" it, but i think this isn't how it used to be - i never noticed issues with xtar before until very recently - but i also only put pets on my xtar watch when the user is notorious about using pet taunt, so i haven't in a while.
    Personally i think this is currently a bug.
    And yes, regardless if this is "normal" behavior for a pet or a recent bug, it should be corrected :/
  5. moogs Augur

I think it's related to how the pets "die" when you zone out or succor. Then poof, there they are again with all of their gear and everything.

I think there is something in the Extended Target Window code that is problematic for NPCs maintaining persistence.
  6. moogs Augur

This is simple to reproduce. I'd be very curious to know if QA is aware of this problem and whether it's classified internally as a bug. If there is a workaround that I am unaware of, that would also be appreciated.

If there's no response by the end of the week I'll just assume that it's a bug and submit it as such in the community issue tracker.