Expressly authorized 3rd party programs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Speckle, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I paid attention in school and learned to read well. Unfair advantage? I also live in a first world country and can afford to play video games. Darn, I am filled with unfair advantages.
  2. Narlee Scholar

No individual program can be authorized and get a pass just because it is in use.

It is what you are doing with the program and the intent that is the issue. Do not confuse the name of the program and malicious intent as being the same thing. Malicious intent meaning that usage of the third party program alters or automates normal gameplay to provide a distinct advantage of in game opportunity over other players. An example of altering the game is being able to see monster or collectible locations on the map screen in real time versus having placed a marker on your map to come back and check later for a rare spawn or collectible. The person with an altered map program is at a distinct advantage over the player who at best has markings on the map that they found something there before, as the person with the altered map knows definitively if the monster/collectible has spawned, where it is, where exactly it is heading, and if there are other monsters near by.

Log parsers are generally not going to get you in trouble for reading the character log file. Clearly text editor programs like notepad that allow you to view a log file are going to be allowed.

Any third party program can be updated or altered to do things which push it over the line into cheating territory, so no program can specifically be named as allowed.
    Winnowyl, Petalonyx, Duder and 5 others like this.
  3. Bahdah Augur

What does that mean?
  4. Spankage Elder

Just chiming in that it's nuts to assume events are tuned around the use of GINA. There are more than enough ways IN-GAME to pay attention to and react to emotes, if you only use your eyes. Emotes and fail mechanics have been in the raid game for quite some time before GINA, some even less forgiving than TBL raids.

I do not use GINA, I do not fail emotes - this includes positioning the generals raid as well as Mearatas hallways. That's not to say that the program isn't helpful, as a whole, especially to raids - but to assume any content is built around a 3rd party program is silly.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Works for lots of things. Including my little boys when they misbehave in little ways.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Sabrefist- Journeyman

My ultimate goal is to entirely automate my playing experience so I can stop playing
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Assuming you are asking about Narlee's statement.

It means, in response to the thread title, There is no way to 'name authorized programs', only to 'name authorized uses of Daybreak's software'.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"I know it when I see it."

Also yw for baiting OP into posting they are trying to automate AFK slayer achievements. Accept the suspension and move on or make better tell triggers for the next time, I'm not gonna pretend like I've never "AFK" killed 5000 level 1 creatures before or half of classic hunters but you can't feign innocence when you get a slap on the wrist for it. I'd suggest maybe doing it in a zone slightly less traveled than Crescent Reach next time since the only reason anyone reported you was probably because some level 7 had trouble finding a puma or w/e to kill.
    Mithra likes this.
  9. Sikkun Augur

That everyone should be banned for monk track, but it’s never happened.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

that: pronoun (1)
    1a : the person, thing, or idea indicated, mentioned, or understood from the situation
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

monk track?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Raid emotes all pop up on your screen ALA the emotes from the linked raid in Shards Landing? WoW that's news to me, and great to know. /s

I'm being sarcastic because being able to filter the emotes to a window isn't the same thing as important ones popping up ala the big onscreen alert text. (or say tinting your whole screen red AND showing an alert text like that raid does.. its perfectly telegraphed that your standing next to something thats gonna blow up.)
  13. Sikkun Augur

The 3rd part program Narlee is very clearly spelling out that a very sizable portion of players have been running for years.
  14. Duder Augur

Interesting, because "monk track" in my mind has always meant going and seeing for yourself, ala, they can FD, fade, mend, etc. and get in and out of areas unscathed where other classes would just die.

I do not use 3rd party software and call it "monk track" when scouting on my monk. So your nomenclature clashes with others' nomenclature, I'd opt to call it what it is rather than append a term or phrase.
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

as has been said before... many of the raids DO have the big on-screen message. several even do the screen color change... (off hand, there's at least a TBM raid and a ToV raid that does)...

In any case, it's as absurd to think that GINA is a requirement in order to successfully pull off raid emotes/mechanics as it is to think that the GMs don't realize everyone they're testing raids with are using GINA.
  16. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Pretty sure you aren't allowed to use the actual name of what "monk track" refers to on these forums.
  17. Duder Augur

You can't name it but you can definitely use more words than 2 to describe it ;)
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I prefer the term Harry Potter maps but "XXXX tracking" for a class that doesn't innately get tracking is pretty common.
  19. Sikkun Augur

All the real monks already knew what was being talked about. Has only been called that for almost 20 years now.
  20. Bahdah Augur

Svann:
    The name Svann is a
    baby boy name.

Kthx
    Marike and Duder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.