Explore Norrath On Your Mobile Device!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Have you explored the EverQuest Worlds mobile app? Players can earn rewards for their characters in EverQuest, EverQuest II, and Landmark by completing minigames and questlines in EverQuest Worlds.

This app also received a huge update this week! Check out the highlights from the update:

New Mini Game – Defenders of Norrath

[IMG]
    You’ve seen Fippy Darkpaw and other invaders attempt to assault Qeynos. Now is YOUR chance to be on the other end of the struggle and defend the cities of Norrath against the enemies that threaten them!

[IMG]
    Complete this minigame and earn a code for Ognit’s Mini Dirigible Device that can be redeemed by one of your characters in EverQuest.

New Quest – A Courageous Path

[IMG]
    Do you have the courage to progress in this new questline? Complete this quest, and get your very own Proximity Mine Pack in Landmark!

No Poetry In Death – EverQuest Next Short Story

[IMG]
    The EverQuest Next short stories are great! Learn more about the world of Norrath and the characters that live there in No Poetry in Death, a short story by Robert Lassen!

… And That’s Not All!

The EverQuest Worlds app has regular updates from the news feed and YouTube feeds from EverQuest, EverQuest II, EverQuest Next and Landmark. Never miss an update from any of your favorite games, and stay connected to Norrath wherever you go!

Best of all, the EverQuest Worlds app is FREE! If you haven’t already started you adventurers in this app, or read any of the EQ Next stories don’t wait another minute and download the app today!
    guado and Rhaage like this.
  2. Irish New Member

The Courageous Path doesn't reward the mine pack it gives a 7 day beta key to Landmark and the Defenders of Norrath minigame reward never shows up. How can we get this fixed. Also is their no EQ2 reward this time.
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

Thanks for this report. I sent this on to the group that we're working on with this app. Once I have more information, I'll pass it on.
  4. Lisandra Augur

Roshen this app has always been buggy & the rewards have always been hit or miss. Not complaining so much as making an observation based on prior facts & experiences.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

Noted. If you have specific examples, I can report them to Firstpost Studio. Feel free to send them over to me in a PM!
  6. guado Augur

Awesome, glad to see an update for this, AND there's a new mount!!!
  7. Kenlailie New Member

i beat the minigame and for some reason i didnt get a code? :(
  8. tavv New Member

Defenders of norrath made me so mad, its been a while since I have felt rage of this level.

Once the game gets up in the levels, the UI stop responding to about 50% of presses due to all the action. I was spamming icons 2 or 3 times each at times in order to use a special ability, with such poor response you can't do very well. I had a perfect going until the skeletons outside freeport, who just sprint right by as you desperately smash unresponsive icons.

Very up to dangle that mount in front of people with a game as the bottleneck.
    Motherlee and Lisandra like this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You need to have them remove those god awful popups for that worthless site that is known as Google+. I have will never use that horrid site and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for it to continually making me cancel out of the stupid popups for it every single time I open the app, click a button in the app, or really do anything at all in the app. I mean even Google Play doesn't require you to have an account on that awful site unless you want to rate apps, and even then it only has popups when you try to rate, not every time you press a button.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Also of note, all of the game icons used in Trivia 2 (and some of the ones in Trivia 1) are reversed; I.E. it pops up EQ2 for questions involving EQ, and EQ for those involve EQ2. You might also suggest that they make questions dealing with either the lesser games in the franchise or the franchise as a whole use a different marker than the EQ icon (I suggest using the same icon that the game uses in the app drawer).

There are also some questions in Trivia 2 which seem to come up with the 4 choices but no question.
  11. Arraden Augur

I had great fun playing this!
    I'm currently #1 on the overall score board - so that's fun :)

Also, got a Ognit's Mini Dirigible Device as the reward for winning the game.

I will say that the scrolling in the app is sometimes appaling.

To those that say the reward doesn't show. Close the app and reopen, then going directly rewards area.
  12. Brohg Augur

I don't use a smartphone, fancy balloon mount is out of my reach?
  13. Irish New Member

The Dirigible reward for mini game is fixed now, but what should those of us that got the wrong reward for courageous path do? Will reward be swapped if petitioned.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I really like the EQ classic music in the mini game. Could you put the song in the Pirate Ship House or on a future House item?

Would like to see old school music brought back in some way.
    Aenvar likes this.
  15. Cidran Augur

Totally agreed. It was a great surprise and I think it fits perfectly into the mini-game. I wish we could see this kind of stuff more often:)
    guado likes this.
  16. guado Augur

Won't load on a Galaxy Note 3. Uninstalled / Installed, same results. Contacted the developers, thought I'd post here too. :eek:
  17. Jinshengou New Member

Anyone else have trouble with the Marching Onward quest on the iPhone app? I've got all but the two twitter parts. I hit post on the screen, I see the working bar appear and the posts go to my twitter stteam, but it never updates on the quest. And I've already tried re-installing it.
  18. Kobyashi New Member

Only problem I have found so far is the whole looking at my scores on the leaderboard. I go to it and it does nothing and will not update.
    Mayfaire and Caell like this.
  19. Caell Augur

This problem still exists for "A Courageous Path" the Leaderboard won't update on achievement 9 of 11.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  20. Mayfaire Augur

Can confirm this step is still broken.

Also: Heroic Journey step one: I enter my log in info and this does not update for me.