Experience so far

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Monstarz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Monstarz New Member

As a new player my experience has been every low level zone is camped by high level players killing everything for a random drop to sell. Spend more time moving around due to others coming in and wiping out every mob.
  2. Cidran Augur

I'm sorry you had that negative experience but I do hope you are not giving up on Everquest yet! This community is one of the most responsive I've ever been, communicating with others in a polite way usually gets most of the problems solved :)

If that won't help, well, Norrath's world is extraordinarily big... Just ask around and people will be glad to point at different zones for your level range. Most low level areas are empty and offer no competition at all, at least in live servers.
  3. Paincake Elder

Truly new players are infrequent in EQ. But usually people are pretty cool if you send them a tell, let them know that you are new. Not sure if you're playing on Live or a TLP, but in my experience, if I find myself goofing around and powerleveling an alt or something, and notice another player practically naked, I talk to them. Welcome them, and help them if needed. I absolutely make room for them as to not impact their experience. Or leave the zone entirely. Mistakes do happen though.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What server are you on? Level? Class? What zones and mobs have you tried? Sounds like a lame experience so far, but if you provide more details we could maybe offer some advice.
  5. Monstarz New Member

Every high level says go to this zone to level, and then you go and the next high level says go to this zone. So far I have spent more time traveling from zone to zone. 27 has been a week because I keep getting forced out everywhere I go. Moving on to another game.