Experiance...how does it work??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

A question about how experience is applied.. We have multiple ‘things’ accruing experience these days. I am curious if you (DEV team) will explain how it gets parceled out.

Example , numbers are just for example and do not reflect true events

100 exp points awarded –what gets first crack? We have the Mercs, evolving items, fellowship sharing & AA/REG split to consider.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I could be wrong but I don't think evolving items "share" experience with leveling and AA experience. As far as mercs go standard group bonus or penalty depending on how you look at it should apply. I don't know the exact formula but there are different mods applied depending on how many members are in your group.

For evolving items I imagine it uses a different experience system which might be the same as the leveling and AA but I don't think they are shared. When you kill something that gives experience it will apply it to levels/AA's depending on the mob and group size and then it will do another check to see if evolving experience can be applied and if so it will use what ever formula to determine how much evolution experience is granted.

As far as mercs go they probably have the same experience modifier applied but the amount of actual experience is adjusted significantly higher than players to gain an AA. I have noticed that what ever experience buffs my toons have on the merc will also receive this boost which I don't exactly understand how that function works other than they just get the experience boost applied to the standard formula but could be wrong.
  3. Greymantle Augur

Kinda my point. We don't know how it works. Does evolving exp take away from aa/reg exp earned?Fellowship sharing seems to have that effect. Do we 'share' our exp with merc's or do they collect thier own based on the group makeup.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I am still certain mercs just get their xp based on the group. Reason being if you have say five players and one merc the owner of the merc gains the same amount of experience as the players without their merc out. Whether the merc just leaches equal experience from all the players or is treated like a player idk but I imagine they are treated like a player since are are treated like players for various other things like requesting certain group missions with a minimum player prerequisite.

On evolving items using the tear my toons who had it evolving vs those without did not receive less experience so again unless those items take equal experience from all group members and apply it to the evolving items I think those items just work on their own independent experience separate from levels and AA.

As far as fellowship goes that is directly linked to normal experience and after all it states experience sharing so it makes sense that you are giving into the fellowship and taking less for yourself.
  5. Tanols Augur

Mercs and Evolving both share % of total XP earned in group. So if you are trying to level up an evolving do NOT pop a merc with that same char or it will slow down the process.
    This experience is NOT leeched from level or AA xp.
    Fellowship XP however is ... want to see your earned xp become almost nil just turn on sharing for 1 char online and several offline. Oh and yes sharing xp with online chars while grouped with them is an exercise in futility.
  6. Derresh Augur

7. Ninelder Augur

Evolving items do not work off of XP at all, not the XP that you or your mercs get. They get a flat rate based off the mob's con(consider.) I used to think it was augmented by double XP, lessons, learner's aura, but upon testing that recently it isn't....

In RoF we had class specific evolving items from raid and group. The best place to grind them was fighting the armies in the Xorbb mission, you would get little to no experience for these "weak" mobs, but loads of item XP.

In CotF we had another farm for them in one of the Bixie Warfront missions, where you spawn loads of moles. The moles were dark blue con, and had very low hps and they gave no experience, except on your evolving items.

I believe that the pet guilds were using the Tempest Temple mission in this same way, as half the Tempest Temple static mobs are "weak." It's irrelevant now, after they got theirs they nerfed it to only evolve in TBL and GMM zones. There may be a good "weak mob" quest or mission in TBL or GMM that will fast track your evolving items, but I haven't really looked for one. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

In the past I was able to work my toons together on evolvers and/or use a mage bot to tank for my chanter while the druid would kite his. My enchanter is close to getting done with his evolvers, but with the stream of overnerfs on druids in the last few years, i have no options to grind anything in TBL or GMM. The last kite spot was in EoK. We had some druids try kiting there after the overnerfs, but the dps is to low for you to not fall asleep kiting one mob, and you pretty much require a med break in between each mob. Anyone have any ideas on this?