Expansion design request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am sure the next expansion is in development. i don't know where suggestions can be made other than the forums.

One thing I really wish existed in every expansion in the past and every expansion going forward is a more diverse mob type for banes.

ToV, with it's diverse amount of undead, really let necromancers shine. As an ENC, it was nice to see Necro's step up with the Enchanters of the undead spell lines. I was happy to see necros step in and lay down the CC. Pallies really shined too. There were no undead in TBL however, but there were elementals, which was a more mage friendly expansion. CoV has a lot of animals, but less undead, and no? elementals.

I would really like to see each expansion include a variety of mobs that let every class stand out every expansion in certain areas. Undead, elementals, animals, headshot, etc. Not just design a zone/expansion and it happens to have elementals for mages or undead for clerics, but intentionally include class centric mobs in the base design and lore of each and every expansion.
    Maedhros likes this.
  2. Zarkdon Augur

Something else I'd like to see is a more convenient way to read the lore of the expansion without relying on being 1) in a raid that does the story or 2) relying on the websites like alla to get the lore posted.

Maybe just put the text for the raids up after they have been released for so long. Books in the game like CoM would cool, but I understand lack of resources to add more items.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To me CoV didn't make much sense, some dragons were belly casters and some were not. Still not sure why we didn't kill Zlandicar and Klandicar.

I'd like to see resists making a comeback, give us more reason to cast different spell types. In the same way weapon weaknesses and mitigation would be nice to see as well.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

I don't know, there's alot of spells outside of the main rotation for classes that are effectively useless and I'm not sure they have the time to review and tune that many spells across all the classes.