Not A Bug Exp rates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fuzzbutt, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Fuzzbutt Elder

Was leveling a new character on Firiona Vie. At level 20 I was getting on average 15% exp per kill. Purchased a level 3 4 hour 50% experience potion, still getting 15% per kill. If thats working as intended with the new experience cap DB just ripped me off for 10 dollars
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

I think there is a cap on how much exp you can get per kill. Maybe the potion won't let you go above the cap. If that's the case, it'd be good if they had a disclaimer on the potion that it won't let you go above 15% or whatever it is. But you could still benefit from the potion even in that case. The potion should let you hit the cap by killing easier mobs. So instead of killing 1 red per minute and getting 15%/min, maybe you can do 3 blues per minute and get 45%/min (3x15%).
  3. Gialana Augur

Yep, the cap on kill experience is 10% of your level. Experience potions and Lessons are applied before the cap. There are other modifiers that are applied after the cap such as server experience bonus, holdiay/event bonus experience, and level positive and negative experience modifiers. You're seeing 15% per kill since FV has a 50% server bonus.

So if you're going to use an experience potion at low levels, your best bet is to fight mobs below your level that you can kill faster than even-, yellow-, or red-conned mobs. Or really it might be better that DBG add a disclaimer that you may not want to use experience potions at low levels on servers that have progressed past a certain expansion.
  4. Fuzzbutt Elder

Or I can just stop giving DB my money