EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurySoul Augur

for all the back and forth on this subject (currently the main discussion thread is up to 37 pages!) not a single person has made an issues tracker thread to request any kind of changes.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500

I feel like lots of hot air is being passed around and very little conducive efforts to attempt to make a legitimate case for a change.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Lately what has been on test isnt all that great of an indicator of whats headed out.
    *cough*xp rates*cough

They will remove the restriction as soon they hit on a way to sell it on SC.
    I am not kidding but does sound like a joke.
  3. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

For the life of me I cannot figure out why this server, which was supposed to be the faster server, has slower experience.

Also, if we were getting more people on Phinny with less time, then why would it be beneficial to give them less experience?

No matter... I'll be waiting a few more weeks before I dip my feet into Phinny anyway. You guys have fun out there!
    Elkay likes this.
  4. MBear Augur

We will have fun and will look forward to you joining us!
  5. FurySoul Augur

what is/was on test vs what is released on live/tlp are not always going to be the same. hence i did not explicitly say that was/is the case for Phinny. I also have an issues tracker that I asked people to go to in order to solve this problem/make an improvement, the correct way.
  6. Dranix Augur

This is going to be an extremely productive thread.

Hey guys, if you dont react in a very specific way and do things in such a progression to prove your dedication to whatever issue you're having I'm going to assume you're making no effort to influence a change!

In reality, I already canceled my accounts. Get over yourself.
    Americana likes this.
  7. FurySoul Augur

You can react all you want in all the ways you want, but they created the issues tracker site for a specific reason and Im here trying to inform people how to get what they want.

I never said nor assumed anyone was doing nothing for this matter, only that the little people are doing is all on the forums and 0 threads have been created on the devs issue tracker. If you all do not want to go through the proper channels to make improvements and changes to the game, then don't expect anything to happen.
  8. Until We Felt Red Augur

Fair questions.

Night 1, I leveled a Druid in RV with a group. I got to level 4 by the end of the night. That was about 4-5 hours. No pots.

Night 2, I started the Necro. I went solo (I LFGed all night to no avail--but I dont wait around, I just level) and used a 25% pot. 3.5 hours, I got about 10% into level 3 and had to sleep. The pet is useless now, so it was really slow going, but I was checking /who all night in the zone (Nektulos) and no one else seemed to be leveling much either. There were probably half the amount of people in zone from night 1 to night 2.

I didn't AFK at all, but to tab out while I medded up and quick bios. It was just excruciating, honestly. The first 5 levels are really not the appropriate place to cap XP. You should always be able to zoom through these levels to get to some interesting spells/abilities/camps.
  9. Dranix Augur

There is absolutely no reason you couldn't have formatted your original post in that way. That actually sounds like legitimate advice with a positive message. Instead the entire thing came off as accusatory and passive aggressive.
  10. Banai Augur

I do agree those levels sucked. But I was in nek also and never really had an issues leveling. Early on sure there were tons of people and like I said the 2 I had with me acted like they had no idea what was going on. Got into a group after that and things breezed along quickly.

Big thing is to get into a group. Soling here is so stupid slow even for nec and mage now. You should be getting about a lvl every 1-1.5 hr especially pre 20 from what I hear. Try to hit the high ZEM zones. LS, befallen, najena, guk, etc
  11. FurySoul Augur

My job isn't to encourage people to make an issues thread on the correct site. I think the exp rates are perfectly fine. I have made many attempts to explain to people how to properly go about trying to make a change/improvement to the game and it all fell on deaf ears. This time I made an OP about my observations.
  12. Rhodz Augur

You have a bit of a point but since its not a bug nor unintended consequence but entirely intentional what the use of it?

The Give-a-crap-o-meter is stuck pretty close to zero and the Anger-o-meter hitting a red line so being bureaucratic isnt happening. Im just going to stop logging in and maybe the wife will get the hint and we find something else a bit better run.
  13. FurySoul Augur

the issues tracker is not only for bugs and unintended consequences, you can also made threads to improve game play and add suggestions. go go play with it and you will be surprised just how detailed it can be. Also its the best way to get the developers attention.
  14. bodes Augur

The issue ticketing system is there for pointing out bugs, not complaining.

They've acknowledged the XP difference and said it was intentional in the FAQ, so it's by definition not a bug. A dev reviewing your ticket from that perspective will close it with 'working as intended' after 30 seconds.
  15. Dayratan New Member

Honestly I actually like the slow EXP rates. Even as a casual player thats only lvl 6 so far, I am having a blast. I'm also not worried about blitzing to max level as fast as possible because I have 11 and a half weeks to get there before Kunark comes out. Thats plenty of time IMO, all I need to do is gain about 5 levels a week and I'll still have a few weeks to farm at max level. Will I have all the best loot that I want farmed by the time kunark comes out? nope probably not (unless I'm ungodly lucky.. which has occasionally happened to me but I digress), but I'm not a hard core player so I don't see any reason I should be done farming stuff I want.

If anything the slower EXP rate is giving me more incentive to do quests and things when they are actually relevant to my level because if I'm not going to be able to blitz to max level in a week to make lots of these things trivial and easier to do. So I end up spending the time I'm leveling to do these quests and things.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Fury, the devs are very aware of the issue, they did it intentionally. Even replied to this very thread.

I appreciate the reasoned attitude and wish there were more of it out there but they just ran 80 grit sandpaper over raw nerves they created and this time blowing off steam isnt working. Good luck though hope it works out for you.
  17. FurySoul Augur

have you ever used it before? Cause I am calling BS on you.

Here is an example of an improvement to the game thread:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-549

I created an improvement tracker before the launch of phinny to try and get the level restrictions removed from vox and naggy to benefit casuals after kunark and on. You can suggest anything you want, just fill out the form correctly and articulate well and maybe get people to vote up the issue. The devs / admins will read them all and decide.
  18. Dranix Augur

FurySoul likes this.
  19. Actonup Elder

You people that cry about exp makes me laugh.
    FurySoul likes this.
  20. MBear Augur

It is nice to actually spend enough time in one area to be able to have that sort of stuff stay relevant.
    We also get to enjoy these old classic zones a bit more (avoiding trains in crush one / unrest!) instead of leveling through an entire zone in an hour or two before you even got the quest drops you were after.
    There is so much more to EQ than b,Irving to cap and raiding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.