EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyrical Augur

Count me gone as well. Canceled subs after it was impossible to get a camp from the RMTers on lockjaw. I renewed yesterday so excited about this server. Took me 12 hours played to get to level 4. Add in my group no longer has a tank since mage pets were murdered = Ive already canceled my accounts again.

Snuck another 30 days payed out of me. I should have known better. Lesson well learned and it wont happen again.
  2. Dranix Augur

yeah except leveling isn't difficult. There is no difficulty other than time sink, none, 0, zip. Time spent does not == skill or talent. It just means I was dumb enough to sit through 100 hours of leveling in classic.

You're about instances taking all your buddies, I get it but if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion why.. bother ..?
    Ishkur and B1A2C3D6 like this.
  3. FarHelm1 Elder

7 hours in and I'm barely into level 4. RF and LJ are overrun with F***ery, which is why so many of us had high hopes with Phinigel's no box and instanced raids. Not possible for me, or the vast majority, to stay in era here. I'm out.

Saga of Lucimia and Pantheon...you're my only hope...
  4. Nicolos Journeyman

Yes it will be forgotten....
    Until Kunark arrives. Those 10 levels will be absolutely terrible. Then at 60 it will be forgotten again...
    Until Luclin arrives. AA gains will too be affected by this and will become even more of a job to grind the needed abilities before the 12 week deadline arrives for the next expansion. Not to mention the people who want to main BLs who will have to trudge through 60 levels AND the needed AAs.

The fact is, this server was hyped up as the casual server for people to actually be able to see and enjoy the content and it has actually turned into the opposite. This will be the toughest TLP server to keep up with yet. Comparing classic exp that had 9 months to a year between expansions to a server that has 12 weeks. It just makes zero sense outside of the money grab.

Oh well, I was hoping to make quite a few alts and try out some classes I never had before. Unfortunatley, at best I'll have to stick with 1 toon at worst just finally reclaim that moment of clarity I had a decade a go and cancel my sub. I'll have to stew on it I guess. Will be interesting to see if this server just crashes and burns now.
    Infini likes this.
  5. FurySoul Augur

Welcome to classic Everquest. Is this your first trip?

What in the world did you or anyone think was difficult in Classic EQ? The entire Classic - SoL game play was all one big time sink with VERY little skill. Come play live servers and see how you feel about the differences.
  6. Senen Journeyman

Nothing at this point in the game FurySoul is really an achievement. I was around with Fires of Heaven at release and we had most of the world first for the first few years up until GoD. I find it funny that anyone thinks epeen means anything at this point. Anyone returning is just doing it to see content, if you think anyone really cares about that these days. It mattered 17 years ago now who cares no one but a very small fraction of people will ever know. Back when we did it, it was the head lines on every guild website including making it onto the News at times. Now its just an exercise in nostalgia for most people. Nothing about EQ has every been hard, just time consuming there are plenty of other MMo's by comparison that have actual hard raid encounters. Anyone thinking EQ is hard has some pretty thick rose colored goggles on or hasn't had the chance to be on the bleeding edge in other games with much harder content. Leveling and grinding AA's is not hard just tedious everytime I hear someone say this is hard I laugh..
  7. Ootax Augur

This thread is funny, you see people complaining about XP being slow(I don't care if it's slow or fast btw) but then in other threads when someone complains about something, whether it be factioning, camping, etc, etc, you will see a response something like "this isn't WoW" or "Go play WoW if you want it easy". I guess EQ players just like to whine no matter what.
  8. Tachyon Augur

I have no problem with an Xp change. I could enjoy corpse runs again as well. I'm just disappointed by the poor approach. It's unfortunate because I've defended these guys for a long time.
  9. FurySoul Augur

You act as if this rate of exp will continue for the entire life of this server. I have news for you...it won't. They will 100% make adjustments as they see fit. They are flying by the seat of their pants in a massive attempt to please as many people as possible.
  10. Tinytinker Augur

I'm kind of surprised to see certain people posting in this thread say they are going to quit over this. I seem to recall posts from many of these people (like Lyrical) saying they wanted a slower paced, more challenging game. This server offers this chance. oO What kind of experience exactly do you want then?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ade-it-great-and-how-to-bring-it-back.227864/
    FurySoul likes this.
  11. Tabytha New Member

I, too, feel that it is rather shady of DBG to not announce the different XP rate beforehand. The slower rate of XP gain combined with 3 month unlocks are just going to be too difficult for my friends and I to keep up with each expansion, as we aren't hardcore players (casual, maybe 15 hours a week at the most).

Also, when we tried Phinigel last night, just didn't have fun playing with that slow of XP gain. The XP rate of RF/LJ is what we expected.

If we had 6 month unlocks, I could probably deal with the slow XP gain knowing I had plenty of time. In all honesty, this has me considering going back to RF/LJ though. My general impression is that the population of Phinigel is going to suffer because of this. I also think it's pretty apparent that slow XP + fast unlocks is a business strategy to sell more potions. DBG has to make their money, but I'm getting tired of every TLP server (also the EQ2 TLE server) being a money grab.

For now, I won't be playing on Phinigel. If they fixed XP gain (which I doubt they will, since they are standing by it), I would come back in a heartbeat.
  12. Dranix Augur

Once again making a completely invalid argument that adds nothing to the conversation. Go here, go there.. no? I came here, I had expections, those expectations were not met, I am angry... its pretty simple.
  13. FurySoul Augur

Im not being a troll here, but if people ONLY want to experience this game and at a fast rate they can play live / Vulak / fippy darkpaw / ragefire / lockjaw. If the numbers are as high as you think they it shouldnt be difficult to start a progression guild of casuals moving at the pace you all set ( which can be super fast or as slow as you want )

As far as your statement about people and achievements .... you must not know the history of TLP's. Most of the hardcore players are nothing but epeen junkies.
  14. FurySoul Augur

Hundreds of other players had expectations as well. Seems to me that many got what they were looking for. Im am genuinely sorry that they could not give you EXACTLY what you wanted, but thus is life. If you believe there are legitimate concerms to game play or that you would like them to make a server specific to your needs, then go here:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500
  15. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

Please please address the experience issue, I've read all the threads multiple times (I read roshens post) and a large percentage of players are going to lose interest very soon.

The player base is older and has other obligations. We also have money.

Active hardcore perfect group compositions with experience potions grinded 20+ hours straight and didn't break level 20! A large portion of your player base is going to be left out to dry, this server is going to lose steam as fast as it gained it....
  16. Senen Journeyman

I get that they are FurySoul, but to those of us that pioneered the back in the day its laughable that anyone would think achieveing a world first Nagy kill or getting to 50 first 17 years later is meaningful. The vast majority ex hard core players that have come back simply want to see old school content. What is the point in racing in a game that's essentially dead on a server that has a very limited life span. It's one thing to do it at original launch now its like what is the point no one is watching. It's like that old adage if a tree falls in the woods... does it make a sound? Maybe I have a very specific view point, because I was one of the guys back then that was pulling down world first against some very good competition. Most of those people have moved onto current Gen games so I find it a bit funny to think anyone is being competitive hear in the real sense.
    Ishkur likes this.
  17. Dranix Augur

The fact that you need to try so hard to make this less a discussion and more about an argument you absolutely need to win is pathetic. Get over yourself.
  18. bodes Augur

You guys are getting off-topic with the flaming

The most popular benefit of coming to Phinigel was because it guaranteed people could raid content in-era with the instances.

This new XP rate in the context of 84 day eras means it's MUCH harder to reap the above benefit. That is why people are upset.
  19. Galleyan Augur

For anyone not familiar with the term... Do a Google search for "bait and switch" -- trust me, it'll be enlightening. In the United States, this can sometimes be considered fraud, though it is pretty much impossible to prove definitively.

Once again (in my opinion), the people in this thread are misunderstanding the rage... The majority of the anger that I see is directed at the deplorable business decision to deliberately hide and/or falsify information related to what would be the new server-to-end-all-servers.

I will vote with my wallet, on this one, and while I don't fund a massive box army, I certainly have more than a full group of box accounts.
  20. Cicelee Augur

You have 90 days to get to lvl 50.

I am sorry that you want to be lvl 50 by Friday, so that you can complain about having nothing to do next week and then AFK for 65 days...
    FurySoul and SebastianTheIbis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.