EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

I disagree. At launch it was faster than this.This feels like a constant hell level.

But whatever, you got a month sub out of me. I wish you the best with the server, its something I wont be playing however.
  2. FurySoul Augur

Why in the world would you make such heavy investments into a server on day 1?

No one forced you to use the marketplace.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  3. Tachyon Augur

They are altering the terms of the deal. Pray they don't alter it further!

I'm kind of surprised the SOE/DBG crew is willing to stoop to this level of sliminess. I have money. If they needed more revenue I would chip in. Learn to communicate guys! We've known all of you for years. You don't have to sneak things in.
  4. Trevalon Augur

really disappointed in this very obvious cash grab by DBG. I have seen DBG do some pretty shady stuff over the years, but this is right up there with some of the worst. I normally laugh at people who throw around words like deceptive practices, but this was clearly done very deceptively.

I will play out this month and see how the EXP goes and see if DB decides to come to their senses, but if not I will probably leave for good, as someone who has a job, wife, and a new baby, I just do not have the time to level to 50 if it is gonna take 20 days played to do it. I would be lucky to even do 1 raid in classic by the time Kunark launches.

I guess we will see, but all I can say is shame on you Daybreak for making a server that is clearly the most beneficial to casual players and then subsequently halving the unlock time and then cutting EXP by 2/3rds - essentially locking casuals out of any meaningful raiding - that is ridiculous
  5. Tinytinker Augur

I understand people are upset, but really, you guys should have waited to see if you would like the new server before liquidating all your assets on LJ/RF and buying items from the marketplace. Next time don't jump the gun?
  6. Nicolos Journeyman

That's precisely what they did it for. They pretend to care about server health but when it comes to a chance to grab a quick buck, it goes out the window. Faster unlock time coupled with slower exp gain vs slow unlock time and faster exp gain. That's DBG logic for sure; at least they are consistent I guess.
  7. Animosity Elder

This is just gonna be another failed TLP and they will launch a new one in 2 months. That exp potion revenue is for real!
  8. FurySoul Augur

For all the people that want a TLP in classic with faster exp gains .... Lockjaw and Ragefire are lonely and need love. You all could form a new guild and progress together.
  9. Dranix Augur

Thats bs, there was absolutely no reason to assume the xp rate was different on this server. 20/20 hindsight doesn't excuse the fact that entire guilds had discussions about moving and XP rates definitely would have effected those discussions.
  10. MabbuQuest Elder

Daybreak should have been upfront with this particular aspect of this server rule-set. I'm very disappointed in you guys for letting us find out for ourselves.

The old BAIT AND SWITCH!
  11. Senen Journeyman

I'm sure some will get refunds, because deception is well.. deceptive. In this new Era of MMo's it seems this is becoming the norm. I think a lot of people would have avoided the server if they new exp was going to be slower then other TLP servers. How convenient of them to just omit the facts until enough people came forward giving hard evidence of the slower exp rate. I think its bad that you have to pay to play on the server so now your in a situation that you have to potentially dispute charges. Which most CC companies will refund without question and then they go after the company in this case DBG. What really amazes me is that anyone would spend 30+ bucks for a 40 slot bag. I just can't even rationalize the value maybe that item is worth 5 bucks since its a one time deal. This just shows how dirty the micro transaction market has become considering a very large part of the purchases that prop this up are made on stolen credit cards. The last time I had charges because of something like this in another game my Bank/CC. Told me it was a rather big issue for them, that they dealt with 100s of charges a day that got reversed and most of them on cards that had been skimmed. I new once SoE finally gave up on games and sold out that it was just a matter of time until EQ was finally ran into the ground. I told myself before coming back at the request of friends I should of stayed away to not taint my good memories. At my age knowing your right then having it come full circle is really aggravating, I really feel bad for all the people that got duped into playing again.
  12. Thawg Elder

I guess im fine with it. With that being said I do agree it should have been something that was stated up front.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Most people are going to be level 50 in a month and this "issue" will have been long forgotten.
    MBear and Vaclav like this.
  14. FarHelm1 Elder

I would be fine with it, with 6 month unlocks. We signed up for progression, meaning we want to enjoy the game in era. Not possible for the vast majority of players...like myself. You F'dit up again DBG, congrats.

Those here defending it, will be reaping the real rewards by holding exclusive rights to high value items and RMTing the $*** out of it.
    B1A2C3D6 likes this.
  15. Frenzic Augur

I am in a perma group of SK, Cleric, Ench, Monk, Mage, Mage-

We have leveled 24 out of 28 hour this server has been live so far.

As of this posting we are level 20ish, some are still 19.

We have had group exp potion running the entire time.

While we are not the highest level, we are high in comparison to most of the server and our group makeup is pretty high dps. I cannot fathom how the casual players are taking this. YOU casual player, will not be level 50 before Kunark at this rate. 24 hours played time in a hardcore group with exp potions and two mages and monk, just to reach level 19/20? I'd estimate that it takes the average casual player two weeks to hit 24 hours played. Then add in looking for group, finding camp. Yall must be out your god damned minds~
    SithWizard, Zublak, Ishkur and 5 others like this.
  16. Dranix Augur

Completely agree. My sub reupped today, I'll be droping my second account and waiting for things to run out on my main account. I am extremely upset about the bait and switch and I am perfectly justified despite all the hatemongering and bs you people are slinging about it. People gave up a lot to move to this server based on expectations, it could have easily been stated that xp would be slower here when the faq was released and would have swayed a lot of people.

I'll be charging back my second account and waiting this one out. If nothing is changed im done with EQ .
  17. Kenvaryen New Member

The experience rates are fine because they are consistent. Changing the experience rates would be a bait and switch and would be unacceptable.
  18. Tinytinker Augur

I agree, the exp thing should have been stated upfront. It's not the most professional thing I've ever seen happen, but I understand oversights can happen when they have a lot of work to do and are on deadline to get this new server running. The reduced xp was a shock for me, initially, but I'm not going to make an issue out of it. I'm grateful for this server and I'm going to enjoy all the grouping opportunities going on and that classic, sense of accomplishment leveling feel. God Bless Our Devs for creating a fun server for us to play on.
    FurySoul likes this.
  19. Senen Journeyman

It just makes me feel like this is not a company to get behind in the future. If they can't be trusted with simple stuff because they are afraid the truth will effect the bottom line. I already have a pretty good idea that Eqnext is going to be vaporware. It's been over 3 months since anything tangible has been released about the game. Also having friends on the inside its not looking good. Personally I think they bought out SoE just to milk the last few dimes before the franchise runs off the cliff. I fully expect at some point for EA to buy out whats left and shudder the name for good.
  20. FurySoul Augur

L O L .... first off I don't have a horse in this race. You all are welcome to come play with me on Fippy Darkpaw. Im not a temporary Everquest player that feels the devs should set the game at easy mode just because I am casual. Have you all forgotten:

“What we don’t want to do is instance raids, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Nagafen. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.”

They decided to appease people with instances, and now the community is upset because they added some degree of difficulty in the tune of slower exp rates....Get over it and just play the game. If you don't like it then play a different server. If you don't like other servers also, then I guess .... Bye Felicia !
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.