EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This is why I'm sure DBG right away said zero polls on votes.
    I'm sure they'll make the next TLP no votes on anything after seeing people cry 1 day in.
  2. Lateryn Augur

Lmao.

A 30% reduction to kill exp suddenly makes the gaming boring and it becomes work.

Oh the drama queens.

It's funny to read the same handful of people whining constantly about this.
  3. Ravil Journeyman

66% reduction
  4. Solkos Augur

I think someone quoted 30 percent without actually knowing the numbers.
    It's more like 60% or possibly more.
    On Lockjaw/RF I didn't even use EXP pots because leveling felt a good pace. On this server I am using EXP pots and leveling feels extremely sluggish.
  5. Hasty Blades Journeyman

I love this. Don't change a thing. The sheer amount of crying over XP when they are practically going to ensure you are handed loot for doing nothing other than logging in is ridiculous. Why in the hell are you playing this game if you can't stand to even put forth a minimal amount of effort to progress? EQ has always been about levels and loot. You are getting the loot, is it really that much to ask to require a minimal amount of effort to get the levels? SON OF A !!!!
    kraggnar likes this.
  6. MBear Augur

Try not to moderate yourself so hard and tell us how you really feel, ok? =)
    Lemuelbaruch likes this.
  7. Ravil Journeyman

Grinding for an hour chain killing blues/white/yellows on 1-10 levels is a little ridiculous. The amount of time its gonna take in Kunark for 51-60 already has me sick to my stomach.
    Infini and Drexll like this.
  8. Zublak Augur

No one is getting the loot yet. These smaller casual based guilds will find out soon enough how tough these bosses are with the mitigation buff on. You think this exp nerf is drawing attention, just you wait. Just because there will be instances does not mean these raid targets will be loot pinatas.
  9. Solkos Augur

Shots fired!!!

You sound an awful lot like one of the anarchists from LJ/RF that are laughing yourselves out of your chairs at this blunder that happened on Phinny because you know this means people are going to flood back on the LJ/RF when they realize this server is a real pain in the butt.

Let me give you an example of what DBG just did here (assuming it isn't a bug)
    16 gig of DDR4 of RAM is for sale. You buy it to replace your 8 gig of RAM and don't find out until later that the clock rate is 33% of what normal RAM runs at (it is, in fact worse than your 8 gig of RAM). It is such a small detail but if you would have known it in the first place, you probably would have steered clear.
    Drexll likes this.
  10. Animosity Elder

These exp rates are complete BS. They said nothing about how slow this was gonna be. If I wanted to play low rates I would play P99 and save myself $15 a month. Wont even be 50 by the time Kunark comes.
    Infini and FarHelm1 like this.
  11. Lemuelbaruch Elder

most likely they will fix the XP nerf. People wanted slower leveling before- they gave it and people are still not happy with it.
  12. Banai Augur

In a week there won't be a need for the poll lol
    FarHelm1 likes this.
  13. FarHelm1 Elder

I really hope so, seriously debating if it's even worth me grinding at all on this server. Best estimate is I might hit 15 by Sunday night given what I experienced yesterday.
  14. Lemuelbaruch Elder

I think you should give it a little time before making your descision. They wanted to slow the pace a bit at the start, most likely the reason we have not heard anything yet, is because they are still discussing it or would like to see where it goes. Regardless of the 10 pages, really is a small minority to the server population.
  15. Solkos Augur

10 pages in less than 24 hours only happen with the more serious subjects generally. Since this thread blew up so fast, I would say it represents the thoughts of a majority of the server. The majority of the players don't come to these forums so you get a smaller sample size.

Go into general chat on pinny and you will see what ppl think about the EXP. Go into necro chat and you will see the uproar that people have about the level 1 necro pet. Luckily the level 4 one isn't acting up that bad.
    Drexll likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

They DEFINITELY need to spend lots of development time on optimizing the power curve from Lv 1 - 4 :rolleyes:
    MBear likes this.
  17. spacetrig New Member

Hoping to have a surname on my character by Kunark, but not counting on it
    Darkening likes this.
  18. Banai Augur

Haven't played pet classes in years but hasn't the lvl 1 pet sucked for a very long time? Most just skipped it altogether
  19. Darkening Lorekeeper

While I did comment and say to many people were crying, I do have to agree with ONE thing.

DBG could at least make a statement about it. Was it intentional? Was it a screw up and they're gonna fix it? Either way I'm fine with tbh...
    Infini and MBear like this.
  20. Scaramanga82 New Member

15-20 hrs to lvl 4 if you have to kill blues/even con, because that makes sense.

Ahhh... You got me... I fed the troll. Well played sir.
    Lemuelbaruch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.