Exp rate drop off

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Treiln, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Treiln Augur

Well I did buy my first raid tier weapon for when I hit 105 for decently cheap! So hopefully that'll help! I also have some EoK t1 gear that I've gathered for cheap when I hit 105 as well. Which from what I previously mentioned for my gear, should be a huge upgrade as well.

Plus I'm still in that auto-grant level range so whatever that'll net me. I think I'm just about 19k right now at level 104 (haven't been able to log in and play the past couple days).

Hopefully tomorrow I'll hit my 105 and see what I can do/go from there.
    Cadira likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Well aren't you just a happy consumer today! :)

EQ is not as popular as it once was. Groups are fewer. More people boxing to keep chasing the dragon rather than sit around, compounding the grouping problem. Devs taking away viable solo options. I get it. But it's time to adapt.
    Treiln likes this.
  3. kookoo Augur

IMO they should be 50 / 50 for the xp gain , for doing progressions / killing mobs , so those who prefer mass killing mobs to level would not be hurt that much the way it is atm....
    Aenvar likes this.
  4. Treiln Augur

Once an expansion is over, boost mob exp. Once pre-sale for the next one hits, hit the boost button

I’m fine with the change in how they model their experience gains. I’m flexible and don’t mind change. But the issue arises when you have people trying to level or people coming back to the game, they hit the road block where a group is needed. But there’s no one to group with because it’s been over and done with for a few years.

So for 85% of the expansions life, let it be the current model where people who are all caught up and current can group and okay together in a group setting, but those lagging behind and those who have troubles obtaining a group a more solo/molo friendly experience.

Leave the tasks and missions and achievement experience alone, and give mobs a 50% boost there at the end. Also gives a big boost to AA grinding to get maxed out at the end of an expansion and set up for the next one pretty well too
    Raptorjesus5 and SephaFV like this.
  5. SephaFV New Member

I love the idea of having a "catch-up" bonus every year for 2-3 months. It's very difficult for new or returning players to make it and get caught up. It's beyond horrible unless you box everything you need.
    Raptorjesus5 and Treiln like this.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

You basically have to beg established players to run you through ToV/ToL in order to level up if you are a new/returning player. They really don't have any clue what it's like for someone to try and catch up from scratch.
  7. zukias New Member

Because of said roadblocks of higher-level content, i just don't buy the expansions, and with that said, I tend to play and replay lower-level content. I tried boxing, but 2 toons are about my limit before it becomes too much of a chore. I want to play and have fun, not work. so, I just don't see higher level content. I will never purchase the next expansions, for i will never get to see them. my play style, timing, and dealing with family, I don't have the time to devote to group play let alone finding one. so, I play where i can and that be it. sorry DB, outside of one or two subs, not getting much else from me.