EXP Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ojier, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ojier Lorekeeper

Ha ha - I wish I hadn't even started this thread. All these off topic crazy responses make me laugh.

Who cares that this bonus was supposed to go to humans? I knew it went to the halflings when I made the dopey halfling. My point is that it is a NERF - and I hate nerfs and feel cheated.

And as for benefits to some TLP server - who cares? Not me because I don't even know what that is and again, could care less.
  2. FaloverC Journeyman

It is a big deal to halfling characters just like it would be a "big deal" if Iksars lost their "unfair" regen or if Ogres lost their "unfair" stun resistance. There is no difference. This is ridiculous.
  3. FaloverC Journeyman

Okay then, take away unfair regen and frontal stun immuntity from Iksars and Ogres. This is another mindless nerf by disconnected admins.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Well, a few thousand people care about TLP issues. I don't think ignorance is an excuse to just dismiss the gaming experience of thousands of other players who are playing the same game you are.

As for the "nerf" topic, I'll just paste my response from a basically identical thread...

The most likely reason they made this change was to normalize xp values across all race/class combinations before implementing their adjusted death penalty mechanic on the new Mangler server next month. It's a preventative measure to avoid any glitches once that system is in place.

Additionally, the whole idea that warriors/rogues got an xp bonus in the first place was to make up for their lack of any other real abilities besides auto-attack melee combat. That is a completely outdated concept, as in the current game warriors and rogues have plenty of abilities besides auto-attack. Rogues could certainly use an overall performance boost in the early eras of TLP servers, but an xp bonus really doesn't serve that purpose anyway. Raiding characters are generally max level, so if rogues get any sort of TLP balancing boost, it should affect their DPS or utility performance, not their xp rate.

As for the human xp bonus, this was intended (although never properly implemented) to make up for their generally mediocre base stats and lack of night vision. In current EQ both of these shortcomings are again completely outdated and irrelevant. Everyone can see better at night now, and base stats quit mattering for any current content characters somewhere around 16 years ago.

And halflings? Their xp bonus is literally a 20 year old typo. If you're going to ragequit over that being fixed, catch ya later. You were bound to quit over some minor, irrelevant change anyhow.

You won't win this battle to reverse any of these "nerfs", nor should you.
  5. Corydon Augur

Grown up people losing their mind over ...
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

I didn't even notice a difference in experience after the nerf and I didn't lose any experience when i logged in. The % must have been so small that this is pretty much nothing,they probably should have just done it and not said anything.
  7. Bobokin Augur

They likely don't work on raid bosses, but neither do head shot, assassinate, and other skills if the bosses are equal or higher levels.

Rangers use evade skills all the time in EoK and RoS zones.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

The devs heard my mental request that all halflings suffer.
    When I was a young ogre I tried to peacefully pass through rivervale and they were mean to me.
    I'm happy for their suffering.
  9. Alarya Augur

I see what you did there, OP!
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Absor Developer

How is this still a thread? Sheesh.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

because you guys haven't locked it yet =)
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I am OUTRAGED that Dark Elves has been cheated out of an XP Bonus for so many years!

I chose Dark Elf back in 2000 because it was supposed to be easier than the other races, and now I learn that haflings got the easy path??

HAFLINGS?!?!

I WOULD NEVER HAVE PLAYED EQ IF I KNEW THIS ANTI-DARK ELF POLICY WAS IN PLAY!

I demand that Dark Elves get 5% XP compensation retroactively, as well as an apology from in-game haflings. Or cake.

Also, kudos for the OP troll. It is quite a distinct style you have there. Work for the competition?
  13. Smakk Journeyman

#Makehalflingexpgreatagain (and Rogue/Warriors)