EXP cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

During the last exp bonus weekend we were not getting the full bonus for killing some NPCs in ROS & EOK due to the exp cap.

If you are planning another exp bonus for the anniversary this month can we get the cap for this increased pease?

Still no mention of the 19th anniversary events on the in game calendar, will they start in just over 2 weeks time? Will we get a patch before then? Last patch was 21st February so the next is expected 21st March?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Assuming they continue with the norm the next patch should be on Wednesday march 15th (3rd Wednesday of the month). I don't remember there really being much interruption in game play for anniversary stuff as it is already designed (the older stuff that is) and we just need the quest npc's to spawn. The POW mission will probably launch first followed by the first couple of years of anniversary events for several weeks and then the next roll out of events and so on down the line until they have all been launched. Every year there are a couple that only work properly from the start it seems (the grounds/HOT mission NPC always seems to be bugged every year or at least for me). I imagine there will be more information posted soon although knowing EQ they like to wait until the last minute to notify players of things. I am keeping my fingers crossed for 19 days of 190% xp bonus. This is usually when I do most of my grinding for the year.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

3rd Wednesday in the month is 21st March, 15th is a Thursday same as last month.

Currently the calendar still lists 16th March as the launch of 14th - 18th anniversary content, no mention of 19th anniversary content.

I'm hoping for exp bonus, just don't want it diluted from the exp cap, which was put in many, many moons ago when we were no where near the cap.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Assume you are talking about the amount of aa’s from a mob? If you can mow em down fast enough then stay away from the mobs with more hp/given exp and mow down less hp mobs faster... if we get a exp bonus I will be on alts getting aa’s...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

my bad no freakin clue what I was looking at on the calendar but I am going to blame it on being late and tired when I looked at it.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I'm assuming you're speaking of the 5AA per kill cap?
    If so, that should not longer be an issue, since they've nerfed and capped the base-XP a mob gives to about 1AA per kill (RoS T2 mobs; in EoK it's much less, even from giants/golems and also in RoS T1 it's substantially less).
    Only with all of (vitality+lesson+(100% or more XP-bonus)) should you be "in danger" of reaching or exceeding the 5AA per kill cap now.
    And that is easily mitigated by not using lesson as long as vitality is still applied in any meaningful quantities.
    (i.e. first half of an hour, go with vitality+bonus XP alone, 2nd half of the hour use the lesson - after the potion if wanted)
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mobs in Goro mission still give 4 AA, named in HS yesterday were still giving 5AA. Still need to check what giants in SW and mobs in Droga are giving.

It's not a huge issue now but the more expansions are released the more of an issue it will become. I'd rather see it fixed sooner rather than later, preferably before the next exp bonus,
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Ah the (mini)nameds there, yes. thanks for the reminder, i keep forgetting that.
    But since it's not representative (there's not THAT many mobs in there that give the amount of AAs you mention, nor can you do the mission often enough to base a PL-strat on it)...
    XP in any static zone? ;)
    With regards to XP over time, especially when there should be a XP bonus, EoK might even be the better alternative (and the missions there give currency too for equipping ALTs with some type5's) due to the higher kill-rate.