Exemplar channel

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nerkina, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Nerkina Journeyman

Good day clerics!

We're reviving our membership in the Exemplar channel! For those older clerics, you'd remember its a channel that's by invite only. We have a fine tradition of many of the finest clerics in the game having membership.

The rules for channel are these.
    *You must be level 110
    *There can only be two reps per server in channel, not all servers actualy have a rep and some servers dont have more then 1. The few servers with more then 2 are due to members who were in the chat and were either server merged, or xfered.
    *You must be in a high end guild, you must be approved by the current members.
    *We tend to also look for old school players who are respected in the community.
    *Being the cleric lead of your guild or otag/gl helps.
    *One post per user. No bumping or asking for an update. Many will apply, few will be accepted. If, after having read these requirements, you are still interested please post the following:

-Your server
    -Your Guild (complete with website URL)
    -Your Magelo

Yes the channel still runs, it was the first ever sw class channel created, period. Initial group were 8 clerics, 2 each from Township Rebellion, Fires of Heaven, Legacy of Steel and Afterlife.
  2. Brohg Augur

:rolleyes:
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Narogg Augur

Do you realize how elitist this came across?

What's wrong with open communication of all clerics?
    UncleUms likes this.
  4. TheStugots Augur

I'm having a hard time sorting through the many applicants...
  5. Nerkina Journeyman

We’ve actually added 5 new clerics from various servers. Intent isn’t to be elitist so much as raiding clerics have different wants than non raiding, plus we in the past have shared healing ideas amongst ourselves for raiding end game content. Sorry if it comes across the wrong way
  6. fransisco Augur

I'm pretty sure there are more than 2 raiding clerics per server.
    The channel is totally an elitist club if 99% of all clerics in the game will be allowed to participate in it.
    Plus, with so few in it, your not gonna get any new ideas.
  7. Zalamyr Augur

More like it comes across as counter productive. There's more than 2 good raiding clerics per server. You're just arbitrarily limiting the potential information in exchange to say how leet your group is. If you only wanted to open it up to clerics in end game raiding guilds, that's fine. But this honestly sounds laughable.
  8. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Metanis and Arraden like this.
  9. Fullwin Journeyman

Are there more than 100-150 clerics total across all the raid guilds who are beating current content (not all of whom are technically "high end" but let's be generous while we're all still in T1)? I'd doubt that so many of us are looking to add more channels that you'd need to limit it per server (or at all).

If you actually want to increase server-wide discussion, just publicize a channel and worst case you'll need to keep it lightly moderated (e.g. kick out the occasional jerk).
  10. Brohg Augur

this looks like ideal qualifications for a "I'm the best, let's not pollute our club with those plebs" channel.get this player IN THERE Nerkina
    fransisco and Arraden like this.
  11. Kolani Augur

I know my baby 108 is better than a lot of raid clerics on server based on how often I get asked to heal lead the Talendor HA, but whatever, enjoy your leetness.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

I raid with Kialya, she really is an outstanding cleric and is totally selfless both in raids and out. She also strives to play her best and is never haughty or condescending. Please don't judge her on such a tiny bit of information in her post. And she really does parse as either #1 or #2 both in number and quality of casts in nearly every event.

I have no doubt that should she be included in this "elite" channel she will not hesitate to share the good info with her fellow clerics. Although since we regularly parse and post our heals it won't be hard to review her strats and determine what she's doing right.
    Arraden likes this.
  13. Nerkina Journeyman

Nice post Metanis, that’s exactly the kind person we’re looking for!!
  14. Gundolin Augur

There's a channel for that too. :)

serverwide.cleric : cleric
  15. Tour Augur

Just use the serverwide channel or the forum here. The infrastructure is already there. No need to reinvent the more “exclusive” wheel. If you want to talk about raid issues or something specific, just do it. You don’t need your self proclaimed elite cool kids channel. And no one cares about magelo, guild leader / officer rank, or whatever ego stroking metric you use - that has jack to do with healing. There’s a lot of good info here on the boards. Some I know are from core members of high end guilds. Some are not. Some I have no idea who the person is beyond their forum name. And none of that matters; the quality of what they write and contribute does.
    Cicelee and p2aa like this.
  16. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Dam, Met you are making me blush!
    Crystilla likes this.
  17. Crystilla Augur

Nerkina,

The existing exemplar channel which is still used although it's usually crickets in there, are those who are in it also needing to "reapply"? Or are they grandfathered?
  18. Nerkina Journeyman

They would be welcome back Crys, wasn’t sure if you’re still playing, login and chat with us, if you can’t remember channel info let me know, I want it to be an exchange of information
  19. p2aa Augur

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club.
    Now more seriously, I had a good laugh and I agree with Tour.
    That's not because you are in a high end raid guild, or officer / leader, that you are a very good cleric
    Also, number of days played doesn't mean you are an elite player too. There are still some old timer clerics that still use light as their only heal spell.
  20. Nerkina Journeyman

Usually the old clerics I was referring to are the ones well known for knowing what they’re doing, old timer clerics like that are not what we’re looking for.

Someone like Kialya is the kind of cleric we’d like, and you’re right, having O tag or GL, doesn’t always mean good cleric, but it 9 times out of 10’does

We do have some clerics who aren’t in top guilds, based on their reputation, we invited them