Excited

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, May 10, 2020.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey guys,

I'm excited for the new Aradune server.

I'm wonder would my brother and I be able to box two each, or is it 2 per household?

I'm thinking if we were to group, a chanter and cleric would be the best duo? Or a Shaman and SK?

However, I have a feeling my brother will do his own thing, and I'll be left with a cleric that I won't be able to farm krono on.

So, I got thinking, maybe a druid would be nice. Never had a high level druid though. Then, I got thinking -- a necromancer. That would be so nice to be able to farm on but you'd get hit with faction because they are evil. That made me think of ... oh a little halfling druid would be great... ports, sow, heals, nukes, dots, root, snare.

Now, I'm leaning on a druid for classic. Make some money off of ports and stuff. Probably a gazlion people with same idea as me though :)
  2. TheDohn Augur

One client per computer. Two clients per person.
  3. aindriuc Elder

Oh that's great, so we will be able to do four boxes then together, and two separately.

What four classes would go together well, with each two being able to farm content relatively easily?
  4. Crabman Augur

The two pairs that you listed, sk/shm/enc/clr, would also make a really good group of 4.

also you mentioned druid and necro, and honestly if one of you duo's enc/clr you can really add anything to that. someone with a taunt button is nice for when pet breaks. so sk/dru or pal/dru. probably dont need pal since cleric can cover rezzes but i know that is a popular combo.

slows from a shaman are helpful on named and such, so druid for ports/tracking or shaman for slows is the trade-off there.
  5. aindriuc Elder

Thanks. I love all this theory-crafting!

I am kind of thinking it will be pretty tough to duo two main classes in a main group, or if that would be something that people will allow. I mean enchanter and cleric are two vital classes in a group, that preferably should be managed with one player alone. If charm breaks, and the enchanter is struggling for control, how can you switch over to your cleric and throw a heal? It would be quite a feat and quite stressful to be honest.

The other option is to level both up classes individually. Or team up with my brother and go all out four classes together.

I'm not sure what my brother's ideas are for this release of the TLP. We may just go our own paths, and just level one character each individually, and then come back and level up the second box.

How are people going to level up their second box?

Also classes...classes...classes...

it's so difficult to choose and I do know there are synergies for different classes.

If there was one class you could pick that could farm a bit of gold for yourself starting out on the server, what would that be and where would you farm? I know I tried selos for a while and farmed the entrance to acrylia caverns on my mage, which netted me some gold.

One class possibly that would compliment you when you do get money to deck out another.

TL;DR: Enchanter + Cleric allowed in leveling groups together? Tough? What class to start out with to earn some gold first of all + where? What class would compliment that class later?

Thanks
  6. Crabman Augur

i mean since you already know mage can solo, add any priest class and it gets that much easier. if you add druid then you can add port money, if you do druid first, pling a box is simple.

a group of 4 you generally want tank / dps / cc / heals. but splitting those into 2 individual and successful duos might be more tricky.

I think you gotta figure out some answers to what you and your brother are doing before you make your decision. a group of 4? each solo, each 2 box separate? all of those might dictate classes for you.
  7. aindriuc Elder

Hey Crabman, thanks for the food for thought!

A druid would be a useful first character to make, indeed! You can get some money from ports, and then powerlevel your second toon on the other computer. I didn't think about that. Cheers
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you do play enchanter then that will be your main in groups almost guaranteed. You won't need to cc just about anything but charming and paci pulling really make leveling a different game altogether.

A druid is nice to power level someone else's group; but an enchanter power levels their own group.
    BlingBling likes this.
  9. BlingBling Journeyman

If I were you two, and you enjoy playing games together at all. Go ahead and team the 4 of you up. It may not be realistic on day one. But after a few days all your chars can be in the same zone together mowing through mobs! Keep in mind you both may have different play times so you will want each 2 box to be able to duo/farm themselves. Or clear a camp and get it ready for the other 2 to show up.

My best advice, pick a main and stick to it for at least the first few weeks. Then use your Druid or whatever as your alt box to enhance your main.

Enc/Cleric, Enc/Druid, Enc/Sham are all viable dominate box teams. Add anything to those and you are set on farming for a long time. I would try and keep 1 rezzer, 1 porter, 1 tank, 1 CCer. But this isn't a rule or anything.

It's best to have at least 1 enc or bard in the 4 char setup, but you don't have to. And realize each piece can be interchangeable if you want to twink/alt something else in the group. (I've seen 4 monk 6 boxes work great, so be aware anything can work to an extent) I just had the idea of each of you maining a Monk and then a healer as your backup! FUN! Monk/Sham and Monk/Druid... pull fest! haha

Make a list of the things you will value most in your personal independence of your characters and your 4 char group. Is Snaring the most important? CC? Porting? Rezzing? Tanking? Farming? Raiding? etc... and make a pros/cons list with ideas :)