Evolving the Darkened Blackburrow Trinket ??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Mar 20, 2017.

1. ShadowMan Augur

Its stats out of EoK are barely below blackburrow and requires 10 minutes and avoids needing mass slaughter. Again trinket is garbage after the nerf.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sancus & Shadowman, thanks for the info. I assumed the non-EoK stats would be much worse.

Shadowman, what nerf are you referring to?

Tat
  3. Sancus Augur

On the test server (and briefly on live?) there was a bug that caused the charm to have no cap on its stats, which allowed it to scale to like 9k HME with maxed slayer achs. While it did receive a decrease in its stats, I'm not sure a "nerf" is the right way to look at it given it was clearly broken in its previous form.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for steering me towards the Zueria charm. Got them for my crew tonight. Nice and easy, and doubled my HP/mana for the slot :)
    Kajira likes this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Usually during the anniversary stuff there is a useful item for all both raiders and groupers alike. This year there is nothing for raiders after the nerf. It didn't have to remain a 9k charm but they could have had its stats max out just above current EoK raid charms if you had megadeath completed.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

why should a anniversary item out do a raid item? granted it should be more useful but I beg to differ that it should rate out higher then a raid item.
  7. ShadowMan Augur

Because they didn't make an aug this year. And it wasn't just an anni task that outdid a raid it was an anni item plus megadeath. And it only needed to be like 20 ac 250 hme and 1-2 heroics above EoK and it would ahve been enough of a chase for some. And not something to fuss about for others.
  8. smash Augur

Still no reason to make it better than raid charm.

Only should be a bit better if mega deth + eok raid progression. Then could become 25% better than best raid charm. Raiders + groupers would then have same base requirements... megadeath..
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Its win win for everyone and makes limited development time more useful verse wasted and people are still complaining because reasons. Can't have those groupers doing anni task and megadeath and having a good charm.

Raiders who care would get it and max it. Raiders who don't care would have access to eok charms faster as the ones who do care would not be bidding on the regular charms as much. Groupers get another bone. Dev time spent on something valued and not trashed instantly. No downside at all except random hold em down feelings.

Personally I like seeing dev time spent on useful stuff not something I do on my main once for an achievement and then never do again. Like shimmering black pearl task, war games, other anni aug tasks, shrink clickie, pok gates, etc. Stuff I do on other toons every year as it comes available.
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

SORRY not enough logic for it to surpass a raid item. mixing apples and oranges when talking aug and a gear slot. There is enough chase loot this expansion that already exists on par with raid, to exceed your logic is flawed.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Because getting the charm and completing Megadeath takes a LOT more effort than completing a raid?
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL @ you. We're talking about opinions here. No amount of logic can PROVE one side or the other.

Anyway, it's pointless, no amount of "logic" on either side matters, because DBG is the honey badger of game companies.

[IMG]
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

lol have you completed the expansion yet before you roll with effort?
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Honey Badger don't care :)
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes the majority of years there has been something worth while for both groupers and raiders, but that doesn't mean it will always hold true. Last year Groupers got screwed with nothing new to go after, while raiders got awesome augs and some other raid gear worth picking up. I'm honestly not surprised it's reversed this year with groupers making out and raiders not getting anything worth while. I've heard rumors of a new Hardcore Heritage raid this year, which if true will make up for the lack of Anni stuff.
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Thats another reason why it should be just above EoK charms if you had megadeath done. Instead they made it trash for everyone. The could have given it no level required and at least then it would have had a use for some instead of being just wasted dev time on an trash item that will repeat every year now.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly, anything that's changed within a month or so is not a nerf. It's simply something fixed. If it's in the game for 6 months... or sometimes 10 years, it's most certainly a nerf.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The charm doesn't reach its max listed stats anymore, even with all the player race Slayer achievements done. If that's not a nerf, it's an over-fix. :p
  19. Vdidar Augur

One thing in eq is constant. The moaning and groaning.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

If you don't have EoK "yet", your charm slot won't matter much.
    Without EoK gear, your too far behind the gear curve for a charm to fix anything at all.
    -Rat