Evolving shoulders in Tower of Rot turn into Bloodstained Shoulders?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mgeablonde, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sojuu Augur

So a post saying it was being looked into on page 4 or 5 that u hit the like button on. You wasted thier time to report it in a pm? Glad to see the devs time is being wasted on sorting through messages people send reporting things they know the devs already know *sighs* hmm.....maybe I should send a message letting them know casters cast spells.
  2. Makavien Augur

I got the same message and i sent the pm as soon as i seen the item ? just because she brought up a pm doesn't tell you when she sent it ..
  3. Edrick Augur

I'm sure that twenty seconds of Chandrok's time has delayed any potential fix to the Shroud of the Forgotten, the lag in Tower of Rot, and the poorly received staggered release that Call of the Forsaken has had by at least a week or three.
    Elricvonclief and Fenthen like this.
  4. sojuu Augur

20 seconds over and over then needing a break from reading the same thing over and over. It adds up so it may be delaying it yes. Especially when u think of everything thats reported over and over. Dont get me wrong reporting is good. But I dunno maybe its just me I see a thread started I dont send a private message. I dont see a thread I start one because it may be intended others may be able to tell me that or it is not known and the devs are like hey look a thread on this issue. I could be wromg but seems like less wasted time that way. I dont need a personal response, guess some do though.
  5. Makavien Augur

When i sent the pm there was no thread yet ) not till the next day actually.
  6. Axxius Augur

Then who was already looking into this 2 days ago when Roshen posted, if not the item dev? o_O
    sojuu likes this.
  7. Falos Augur

Augur
    Axxius likes this.
  8. A-Quad Augur

If they would just properly acknowledge real issues that are posed on these forums in a timely manner, they would receive no pms. For instance, it is totally unacceptable that thread after thread in the "Support" forum goes unanswered. Seriously, what IS that?

This chase item is either a bad decision, a bug or just the latest iteration of an soe krono profit center. Likely a combination of the three. But I don't even care anymore. I've come to accept bad decisions as par for the course around here. I just want the more pressing issues - the ones that actually affect gameplay - acknowledged and fixed.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

The same was said about the "World Drops" a couple months ago when they 1st appeared.
    And it turned out they were indeed intentional.
    -R
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

Gotta wonder how long it take to yell across the room:
    "Hey guys?"
    "Are those evolving shoulders supposed to be this way?"
    2 days now...........
    -R
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ok so you saw Roshens post and my like saying it was being looked into, now go read the post DIRECTLY above it. Roshen posted his response because of it...maybe.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Tower of Rot is getting repopped right now... related to this thread? (Rampant speculation!)
  13. Iila Augur

*** Hotfix ***
    • In the Tower of Rot zone and missions, Shroud of the Forgotten has been temporarily removed from NPCs that drop it. It will return at a later time.

So yeah, not intended.
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey all,

So here's where we're at. It took a little bit longer to tackle this due to some of the team getting tied up with working on server stability stuff that's been affecting many servers this week.

This was not an intentional addition to the game. While the team works on a resolution for this, Shroud of the Forgotten has been removed from the loot tables of the NPCs that drop it. The plan is to add Shroud of the Forgotten in the future, and have it properly evolve into the correct item.

The hotfix notes can be found in the thread here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/hotfix-notes-may-29-2014.211101/

There are no plans to remove either Shroud of the Forgotten or Bloodstained Shoulders items from players.
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Edrick like this.
  15. Maedhros High King

so with all the server instability taking dev time, when you guys got extra time to tackle other issues, the raid wasnt the first item fixed? /boggle
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. smash Augur

So people WHO has got it, will keep their shoulders ?

How about people WHO has the shroud, but not yet evolved to shoulders, will they be allowed to evolve to shoulders ?
  17. Maedhros High King

how about increase the drop rate on the raid one? our guild has had 5 in 7 stinkin months.
  18. Mytoss Elder

i think its pretty lame that people who got the cloak and evolved it to shoulders get to keep it , i didnt camp the nameds assuming it was a bug which would be corrected , seeing you say it was a bug but letting people who got it , keep it
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

You just read the same post I did - didn't you?
    As for the evolution part: If you've got one evolve it and let us know.
    If you don't have one, why would it matter?

-W
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Weren't you playing and reading here a couple moths ago when a bug led to a bunch of "world drops" from a certain Xious Elder in "Scouting Ahead" ??
    The items stopped dropping - but those who got one fair and square got to keep it.
    Why would you ever expect anything different this time?
    -R
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.