Evolving items without class skill stats.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gostfaas killa, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Gostfaas killa New Member

I noticed that however good the evolving items are, they do have some downsides. The rings and shoulders lose one aug slot 3 AND one aug slot 8 and the boots/gloves lose one slot 8. This requires us to drop two faycite shards right off the top.

Skills stats like Flying kick(boots) and Tiger Claw(gloves) are completely missing on the evolving set. (Berserkers lose Flurry, Warriors lose kick and bash , Rangers lose kick, etc etc (many melee types lose these skill stats). Monk boots have 15 points of Flying kick and we just lose that if we go Efreeti.

Some of these skill stats could be made up for using more type 3 augmentations from Zebuxoruk, but as I mentioned, we already lost 2 total slot 3's just by going with these evolving items. So our total type 3 slots has already shrunk and will only shrink further (having to ditch up to 4 total faycite shards if we chose incorporate more Zebuxoruk type augmentations).

Were these considerations made when developing these items, or could it have been a shortsight and unintended. Is there any way to solve this dilemma???
  2. roth Augur

The lack of 7, 8 aug slots is immaterial compared to the stats these items confer. The lack of 3 aug slot is of more concern.

Those skill stats (kick, frenzy, backstab, etc.) are completely irrelevant. With a reuse of 4 seconds (which is less than most of the relevant skills reuse timers) and a max of 100 you are looking at exactly 25 DPS. In an era where DPS is measured in the thousands, 25 is less than a rounding error. With longer reuses on those skills, the DPS from having that stat maxed is reduced further. Again, less than rounding error status.

The only real cause for concern that I see here is the loss of a pair of 3 slots.