Evoker's synergy question

Discussion in 'Casters' started by OlavSkullcrusher, Jul 17, 2021.

1. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I box with a wizard, and I was wondering if there is anything I can use as a Warrior that would trigger Evoker's Synergy. I just tried an Etherbolt Ring (casts Etherbolt, a magic nuke, with a 250 sec recast), but that wasn't triggering the Evoker's Synergy that I had active. If items don't trigger it, is there basically nothing warriors get that will? The spell details on Zam don't say that it is limited to spells that cost mana.

Not a big deal, just wondering if there was something I wasn't seeing that would do it.
  2. kizant Augur

Any non-fire damage proc should do it.
  3. Szilent Augur

Weapon procs do not fire the synergy

tested Surge of Ice, Spike of Anger, Overdrive Punch, Blaze of Fire, Spider's Bite, Night's Endless Darkness
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

For some weird reason it appears Claw of Sontalak can trigger it, even though the tooltip states it is a fire nuke...:confused:
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's not Claw of Sontalak that is triggering the synergy buff usage. It is your casting ice procs (or assaulting ice procs if meleeing) that are doing it (or something similar). They fire a lot.

And Acolyte or Devotee Assaulting Ice can trigger Evoker Strike for my wizard so not sure what's going on with a warrior. Can easily use up the buff just auto attacking a dummy in the hall.

The elephant in the room is whether this is intended or not.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't think that will make any difference tbh, evokers synergy is limited by the cooldown-time on vortex anyway. It might proc slightly earlier depending on your cast order(I assume everyone use at least 1 non-fire nuke anyway), but it will not proc more often.

Maybe it will make a difference for non-wizards in the group, who would otherwise not be able to trigger it at all?
  7. kizant Augur

Frightful Force and Surge of Ice on my staff both proc it for me. Maybe SPA 339 checks that you're a caster? I don't know. This is interesting.
  8. Szilent Augur

Spike of Magic from Blazing Euphoria Assaulting Magic does not work.

Frightful Force does not work.

I don't own Assaulting Ice 18/19s