Evil Race Druids? just a tought

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Luxxipher, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Luxxipher New Member

Since the game is old, lol, why not let evil races be druids LOL.like trolls or and DEs be druids? Be part of another druid deity non aligned with Tunare. Or druid heretics something like that. Just an idea.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

this might get more traction in the Priests subforum rather than the hybrid one.
    Cuuthbert and Tucoh like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

+1 for Troll & Ogre Druids - always thought there should be evil Druids, and those broken druid circles look like they were smashed on purpose.

Maybe there's a forgotten evil deity that could make a return heralding the return of evil Druids and their smashed circles could be restored :)
    Ozon likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

no new deity is needed. Good druids are already allowed to be followers of the definitely-neutral Stormlord, Karana. Bad ones can be, too.

This overall concept is already in game, btw. Just not for player characters. The Unkempt are Norrath's "evil" druid faction. Instead of working on how best Nature can be valuable to thinking Peoples so that People preserve Nature, instead of seeking harmony between Nature and People, instead of seeking isolation and separation between vulnerable wild spaces and rapacious god-born races, The Unkempt unabashedly take the side of the trees.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I'd be fine with any race, any class AND pick your starting city. Buyer beware.
  6. Herf Augur

Sooo, evil druids would grow weeds? :)
  7. code-zero Augur

Of the things that Druids need in game being new races ranks very, very low
  8. Szilent Augur

No, evil druids would treat people like people treat so-called weeds, that are taking up space that rightfully belongs to the wilds.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think new class/race combos are one of the few things EQ has left it can offer with its current old system/engine without any major changes to ancient legacy code. Of course some classes cannot be used for certain races but that's pretty well understood.

But this thread is more spitballing ideas than looking to solve any Druid issues.
    Ozon likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Next patch notes:
    • Added troll as druid race option
    • Increased mana cost of Nature's Fervid Wrath, Chill of the Arbor Tender and Sunshock by 10% to balance the new options
    Herf likes this.
  11. code-zero Augur

all/all class/race should only be considered if all existing racial innates are removed. No more Ogre frontal melee stun immunity and no more innate regen for Trolls and Iksars and no more innate AC for Iksar's
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

Veeshan is neutral, can roleplay as neutral evil or chaotic neutral easily.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No complicated rebuttal here, I just plain disagree with you.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Vlahkmaak Augur

Why would racials be removed? Trolls and Ogres would still have far less Wis making them less efficient in the early game. By end game these racials are not a major factor.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

Definitely a Hybrid topic
  16. KaldaryeRZ Greon's better half

Still waiting on a Val Shir monk that I can name Roadkill.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Racial differences and inequalities, and the idea that only certain races can master certain knowledge or skills, is antiquated and based on the same sort of thinking that real life racism is based on.

Anybody should be able to be any class they want, both in-game and out.

But, I think the concept of an "evil" druid is an impossible construct, because druids essentially worship nature and nature does not have "good" or "evil". Good and evil are constructs of man, and don't apply to nature.
  18. Szilent Augur

Partisans for any cause can choose their methods, fervently being & doing good or evil in imagined service to their side.
    Skuz and Elyssanda like this.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I would love a druid that didn't get in trouble for porting an SK - hehe

Drow elven druids would have to have their own druid rings added = zone geometry changes.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If Dark elves could be druids that would be so sexxy!

Andarriel
    Skuz likes this.