Evil Discs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pphhgg, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pphhgg New Member

Hey guys,

Is there anywhere evil players can grab the fearless and resistant discs? I know I picked them up on FP on my dwarf.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

3. Thash Zoner

As far as I remember it's just freeport early on. You can safely invis to the vendor using a cloudy potion, they'll sell to any race and there are no kos near.
  4. Raltar Augur

You can make a low level human and use the shared bank slots.
    snailish likes this.
  5. snailish Augur

I make agnostic human mages of West Freeport. There may be another, but to me it is the easiest route out of a guild hall spawn to the bank.

Run them to commonlands and bind. Don't level past 5 and you deathgate to EC tunnel and can return home or origin near the bank.

Don't forget parcel as well.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

Are you two saying random trying to be helpful or is Agnarr different? The tomes he's requesting about are No Drop on all other servers.
    Fhiele and snailish like this.
  7. Raltar Augur

I've never actually done this, so I assumed they were tradeable. I've given the advice in the past and no one said they couldn't do it.
    snailish likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

My advice earlier in the thread will of course be useless if the vendor item in question is nodrop (may not apply on Brekt and FV servers and unnamed future server that have different loot rules).

If the item is nodrop, and only found in West Freeport (higher tomes appear to be in commonlands on an NPC) some are reporting that the tome vendors are factionless... the city certainly isn't.

For Iksar on Agnarr, some illusion potions are active on Agnarr with Kunark open. If this isn't enough to make you safe to get into Freeport, it is probably enough to do a bit of faction work via kills, then illusion, then do faction work with quests.

for example: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=26

though others here can probably point out the handful of in-era quests that are active and worth doing (i.e., the Muffin quest is good for a bunch of good-aligned Faydwer factions).
  9. Fhiele Augur

They are no drop. My human bard bought them for my Ogre warrior, and was like "Oh, I guess I'll destroy these now, except resistant." Resistant is not nodrop.
  10. MaxTheLion Augur

11. Fhiele Augur

Maybe it was elbow strike. One of them wasn't nodrop. Sorry.
  12. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Do the Runed Potion Vials for the various racial illusions get added with Kunark then? I noticed that they weren't available in classic and just assumed they'd remain unavailable until race illusion pots were added to the game, which was LoY.

Seems strange to me that they would make those things unavailable until Kunark, but about 90% of the other locked content is completely arbitrary and nonsensical. Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl, one of the most recognized and respected Velious quest lines? Unavailable until Luclin. Totally OP items added to the game just a few months ago that offer insane out-of-era clickies and focus effects? Available in Kunark.

Unless you mean there's a different way to get illusion clickies. Every time I play this game alchemy has been completely revamped again, and the current form seems to be a Frankenstein concoction where you have a bunch of different potions that all do the same thing, more expensive potions that are inferior to less expensive potions, and so on.
  13. Catashe Augur

You need to use the old combine to get the race illusion potions...
    Combine Racial Part + Wormwood(I think thats the name) = That races illusion potion
    snailish likes this.
  14. snailish Augur

-this will vary due to server timing, but Agnarr gets Guise of the Deceiver for a short time into Kunark before the bard/rogue clickable only version (Mask of Deception) takes over. Being Dark Elf is better for faction than being Iksar, though not necessarily enough (still have to overcome deity and possibly class). Not sure which other clickies are usable by non bard/rogues as of Kunark, that have a faction modifier (wasn't that reduced to just player races some years back?)

-I don't know the ins and outs of what is enabled for alchemy, I just know someone was selling dark elf, gnome and something else illusion potions the other day in Agnarr commonlands auction, post Kunark launch.
  15. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Oh for real, thanks man. That's what I meant by the Frankenstein comment. My medicine bag shows me the Runed Potion Vial combine but not the old wormwood combine.
  16. jeskola pheerie

I totally misread the title of this thread at first glance.