Everything is Down!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Aug 30, 2020.

1. abbyswaay New Member

oh yea, the old cloudfare dealeo
  2. Flat Toad Elder

Casey called from Mudville...He says birds are singing there...but sounded like he wuz on crack.
  3. Meteon New Member

On a dead server and this log in issues giving me another reason not to play.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. Zamiam Augur

6. abbyswaay New Member

yea wth is cloudfare, and why do they sux
  7. Prophecychild New Member

Cloudflare is not a hosting site, it's more like a layer of protection between the servers and the public. To prevent DDoS and other security/reliability concerns.

It's a very widely used service and probably helps prevent more downtime than it causes.
    Thornislord, Zamiam and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I believe they are hosted by AWS (Amazon Web Services) - who show no issues currently.

As Prophecychild said the Cloudflare service is a layer of additional protection from net based attacks like DDoS so likely explains why a lot of services are having a problem right now.
    Zamiam likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In game on 3 accounts after bypassing launcher but lag is huge & no Universal Chat Service or mail functionality right now.

i.e group invite:
    12:22:50 You invite Zuks to join your group
    12:26:46 Zuks has joined the group

12:27:20 You invite Mukesh to join your group
    12:29:15 Mukesh has joined the group
  10. Pexar New Member

Ya it's unplayable right now, Best wait it out for a few hours.
  11. Zamiam Augur

so if cloudflare is just an extra security step and AWS is the hosting site and they are not currently experiencing any issues then why cant I log in ? and I'm still having log in issues and the website seems flaky still
    Pexar likes this.
  12. Zamiam Augur

Ya I cant log in .. when I try to bypass launcher (which I usually do all the time cause i use IS Bxr) I keep getting login error if I do happen to make it to the server select screen then after it loads and just before I get to the character select I get an EQgame window popup stating game crashed ..

when I try to run the launcher I get Launchpad was unable to connect screen ..
  13. abbyswaay New Member

so far -- they are no better than daybreak
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It took me multiple attempts bypassing launcher too, but it's really not worth the effort at the moment, its completely unplayable with the lag.

Taking almost 90 seconds for any single action to happen.
  15. Thornislord New Member

Pexar and Skuz like this.
  16. abbyswaay New Member

I give cloudfare credit for updating -)
    Zamiam and Denjar like this.
  17. Zamiam Augur

18. abbyswaay New Member

dont hijack posts, start a new one
  19. Zamiam Augur

lol its my post I think I can hijack it if i want to .. take a chill pill
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't use it but I would say this isn't the right place to ask anyway.