Everything in ToV supposed to see Shroud of Stealth?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Tanise Elder

Since the last patch it seems like anything that sees through bard invis, sees through SoS. Was it intended that SoS was to be useless in this expansion?
  2. code-zero Augur

Bard invis and IVU works for me
  3. Tanise Elder

Bard invis is both. And is seen by -some- things, which is to be expected, invis isn't supposed to allow you everywhere.

The problem is that SoS is being seen by basically everything that sees through bard invis and that's not normal. SoS is supposed to cover 99% of mobs. The way it is now, it's useless.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Which mobs?

The only mobs I was aware were the Drolvargs on the 6th floor of ToFS … which are now spawning on the 1st floor as well (which will hopefully get fixed next patch). And there is at least one live named (Bloodmaw in GD) that may or may not see SoS (haven't tried it with a rogue).

But I've used a rogue for collection searches in all zones other than ToFS without issues.
    Whulfgar and Yinla like this.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Which mobs?
    Only things I've found in all of ToV that see through SoS2 are on floors 6 and 7 of ToFS (plus the temporary invaders on the first floor).
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

The dervs in GD see through SoS. Ask me how I found that out. :p
    Whulfgar and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It's a trap!
    Whulfgar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

Interesting. I had them aggro me while IVU so I assumed incorrectly they were flagged as live mobs.
    Not recently as they now appear to be extinct.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

I will be reviewing body types and see invis levels in ToFS2, hopefully today.
    Thanks!
    Axxius, Raccoo, Whulfgar and 5 others like this.
  10. svann Augur

A Hardened Giant in GD also sees through double invis. Right next to the wizard spire too.
    Yinla, code-zero and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I was using my rogue on day one of ToV to look for collectibles. Had SoS on and came up to a derv from behind, conned it, and since it was indifferent I ran on past it. As soon as I got in front of it, WHAM!...it started attacking me. Luckily, I was able to get far enough away to hit escape. When I went back to check it, I realized that I got the indifferent message because I was sneaking and behind the mob. From the front, it was scowling with SoS on.
  12. Moege Augur

Do collection quickly before the next patch where hopefully the dervs would be more common !
  13. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Do collection quickly before the next patch and they stop dropping altogether!
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

They don't see SoS2 though.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah they do. It's a bug, it's been posted.

- TOFS Floor 6 and above. Hardened Giants. Sprites. Queen Dracnia can all see invis/ITU/SOS2. Someone said Velks spiders can spawn seeing it too, but I never saw it personally.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

The Hardened Giants I tested 100% do not see through SoS2, just tried three of them at the wizard spires while writing this post.
    Did three entire laps of Velks and couldn't find anything that wasn't either undead (didn't see IVU) or live (didn't see normal invis), nothing except some non-kos Dwarves were able to see me.
  17. Tanise Elder

ToFs mobs, Herbalist? in Mines, Giants & Dervs in GD, queen in CC. There's a couple more. The big thing was ToFS because it completely negates their ability to CR even on the 1st floor, though I was unaware of it being because floor 6 mobs were spawning there.
  18. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

The spiders in velks can definitely spawn as see IVU, found a couple unexpectedly while gathering collections.