Everyone should be happy - ST 1.0 now dropping off raid mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Yes the evidence from multiple TLPs with it happening is completely irrational, but wanting to abolish instances and make the game harder for everyone is a completely sane statement....
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You do realize that MMO's are a small portion of the game market and wanting to increase the player base to increase profits is a good thing right?
  3. Abundant Elder

So shutdown emulated EQ which has zero reason to exist with DBG/EG7 official owning EQ? Market more? Who says MMO has to change to Console/RPG or must pull from those customers.

Who said both couldn't be offered? Why does true sandbox MMO have to be taken away and not even offered. Not saying I am not flexible. Seems reasonable to offer both, there's a lot of options. At least if both sandbox TLP and instance easy fast xp and stupid sped up timeline were offered we would have a comparison for DBG/EG7/community to look at revenue, population, and success wise. o_O Idk man..
  4. Abundant Elder

Original EQ, Original WOW, Original D3 all marketed well. MMO can be marketed well. 3 of the biggest ticket MMO/RPG-like games basically been sandbox more or less. Definitely 1 if you don't want to say WoW was MMO. All the other sandbox MMOs plenty successful in their hay-days, just not marketed as well as EQ, WoW, and Diablo were.

Nothing is stopping DBG/EG7 from marketing better. The most I see them do ad wise is low-liked and circulated FB ads... I haven't seen any tv, website, or other social media ads for TLP EQ.

WoW and D3 have done television ads. Taken out ad space at movie theatres. So did Verant and SOE with EQ. Nothing is stopping DBG/EG7 from wisely marketing outside the box to increase people within EQ. A very large pool of which don't currently play and used to play. Many of which would play if servers weren't so FAST PACED.

If expansions come 1 a year like old day EQ. If xp rates are slow. People have time to casually catch up and go whatever pace they want. Hardcores have more time to farm, raid and socialize too. Everyone feels like the server isn't a short run, people lock in for subs for multiple years not multiple months. That's multiple years of cash-shop buys. Not saying remove cash-shop even if they want to release a sandbox even though they have the perfect blueprint.

WoW and EQ have both never done a proper re-release. Diablo sort-of has.

TLP EQ and TLP WoW are far from any kind of recapture of the old days. Recapture of the old days is outlaw all emulated/pirated copies of a game. Extinguish them from the internet. Next you look at full wiping all live servers, or merging them into 1-2 and sparing some people some unfortunate heartache which they SHOULD as true EQ'rs or true WoW'rs be fine with for the good of all. Then you release 10-20 variety servers, slow timeline.

You have all your content laid out. This quick paced stuff brings an ILLUSION of healthy and popular/satisfying, but the true satisfaction for everyone is a sandbox game where everything matters, and servers last for a decade. Something like that, maybe EQ or Pantheon, or a future game will come along. It will be the next EQ or next WoW. All these other games copy new age and instance/reduce sandbox. They aren't successful. Mildly at best if compared to anything of mammoth proportion.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

First off why do you need to reply to my post multiple times?

Second I think you missed my point is that the market for the console based RPG's is much larger than the MMO market and as you said the type of game the players want to play is different. Would a company rather a MMO compete for a small fan base against other MMO's in the same market or should they try and target a much larger market?
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It's not. We have 4 tiers of loot.
    Dono27 likes this.
  7. Ruination Elder

You could always just keep raiding more than everyone else and getting more loot, is that what you meant by competition?
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

All I see are people who thought they were going to make a buck on selling raid gear crying because it’s not working as they had hoped.
  9. Cezz Journeyman

So... You thought that stacks of SKs killing raid mobs before their bodies could even appear in game was a more interesting gameplay model? Is that what you think of as competitive and community driven?

Did you play on any of the servers with 6 month unlocks? Very few people would sub for six months of Classic again let alone a year. Honestly everything you're saying tells me you didn't actually play on any of these servers and your idea of fun is singular to you. At best you're pining for a bygone era of gaming where information was jealously guarded and the system allowed top guilds to cblock entire servers to avoid competition.
    Genoane likes this.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

We are happy. Thank you
  11. tikles Journeyman

I have heard this about every TLP. However, I would wager that more people leak off the server due to being left behind or to a new TLP because the grind gets to overwhelming, vs getting "top awesome bad loot" too quickly. I mean, how many people will roll an alt or box so they can get that awesome gear? Or, after getting that sweet sweet loot, spend time doing trade skills, quests, or whatever else floats their fancy. Not that I would expect there to be some data darkpaw (insert new company here) would share, but I would imagine a statistically significant number of players leave servers because the exp goes too slow, the AA grind becomes to onerous in later expacs, the feeling of being left behind grows to large, or a new TLP is released to start fresh with hopes of actually keeping up.

People leaving because they don't have any gear left to earn? The players that would have that problem, are already 100% raiders in their guild and have max gear on standard TLP rule sets with the advent of AoC's to farm.
    Stymie, Yinla, Dono27 and 1 other person like this.
  12. magikarp Elder

im happy

thank
  13. Green_Mage Augur

Another horrible prediction similar to the bad predictions about how everyone would be burnt out in EQ original or kunark. Or that a cloak of flames would be worth 5000 and everyone would have every drop they needed (hows going btw?).

As time goes on your stupid post will be stand as another testament to how little you understand the majority of the playerbase, what makes the game popular, and what is a good idea moving forward.
    Stymie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.