Everquests 25th expansion a major milestone!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Nugohs New Member

2. Dmitriy New Member

Hi. We need 10 more levels. I feel that because we didn't have any level expansions in while.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

We just had a 5 level increase in RoS...
    Caell, Yinla and Tucoh like this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

if they do any new
    Add any new Veteran rewards. it should be adding them to year 1,2,3,4,5,6 ect not new higher years
  5. Tiggold Augur

They do start at 1 with Lesson of the Devoted....?
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nothing about this necro makes sense.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Next Expansion wishlist:

• EoK-esque Group Content and Progression, loosely required for raiding (ie Essence of the Dragon)
    • Epic Weapon BiS upgrades (Group/Raid versions), requiring ALL Group/Raid content from TBM through ROS + new expansion to be completed (including Crestra's, which I haven't done :(
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

yes but they can add mulit -rewards to each level why not 2+ rewards year one
    2+ rewards year two.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Because then they'd be new player rewards, not veteran rewards?
    Tiggold likes this.
  10. Nugohs New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am a long time player of the supporter and player of the game. I have ready through all of the suggestions here in the this forum and I have had a chance to think about what everyone is looking for. Being that I have been playing EQ since Kunark was the ONLY expansion I have seen many of the changes over the years. However I would just like to focus on 3 things that would help all of us and keep the game going in the future.

1) Graphics Engine - Technology advances and it would be a benefit to old and new players alike if Daybreak could upgrade the graphics engine for compatibility with newer hardware and systems. Daybreak has already begun to address some of these issues as they no longer are supporting operating systems older than Windows 7. If there was a reworking of the graphics engine which provided smoother frame rates and not a such a reliance on the processor alone it would lend to itself the opportunity for newer content to be created without having so much legacy support.

2) Retention of Veteran players and Recruitment of new players is how to make this a reality. I have read how many liked TSS because it gave everyone something to do new and old players alike. Now EverQuest has lots of content from its many expansions and if there was a way to scale the content of zones for both new and returning players Ie. instancing; as well as give experienced players perhaps a chance to explore some content that they no longer deemed worth of their abilities. Developing an expansion that has content for veterans and new players alike would benefit everyone though as it would give new players an experience and perhaps help to retain them to become Veteran players themselves.

3) New content does give experienced players renewed interest in the game as well as something new to try and accomplish but there should be content available to both the casual and hardcore players alike. Remember this is a game and everyone new and experienced what to enjoy themselves and have fun and relax from whatever the real world throws at us. I know even after playing the game for many years and doing the epic quests from 1.0 to 2.5, I would like to see a continuation of these to encompass more the of the game. Development of this kind would give me another reason to go back and experience some more of the content from the games origins which made the game what it is today.

Regards,

Nugohs
  11. Cicelee Augur

I want my wife to allow me to go on a date with Mila Kunis. Doesn't mean it is ever going to happen.

Do you have any idea how many man hours it would take to accomplish all you are asking for? The game has a skeleton crew of developers working on it. If they listen to these requests, we may get the 25th expansion in the year 2025. Thankfully they are not...
  12. Geroblue Augur

I wouldn't mind getting topiary lion mounts for my two accounts that don't have them. And the 16 slot blue bags as well.

Bonus xp would be nice to.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to have a clean expansion that works without major raid bugs from day 1.
    Balanced so that major nerfs aren't needed later in the year.
    Caell likes this.