Everquests 25th expansion a major milestone!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Critts Augur

I’m sure it’s more of an development concern rather then a Business one unless they won’t hire developers. I would like to see a whole new world not a rehash of Norath or the moon. They could call it Raiders of Space wait then We would have two RoSs....
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I think that's a bit too much rationality and logic to be posted here in Forum Quest, sir. I'm gonna have to ask you to done it down a notch, or at least weave in a whiny undertone.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would like to see a "Jade Tiger Familiar" (teleports you to old North Freeport) be included as a /claim in the next expansion.

Or perhaps the devs could make a whole new item (Griffon or Quellious familiar) so you can teleport into old, pre-revamped West Freeport as a fitting commemoration for the 25th anniversary?

The Jade Tiger or an Old West Freeport teleport item could be claimable on TLP servers as well as Live Servers so expac sales might go up.

Edit: Jade Tiger is not heirloom so players who already have one will get an additional one for another char.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to see increased price (for the base expansion) but also increased content to go with it.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

They already did that with Rain of Fear.

Speaking of which we still have a SINGLE unused portal in Shard's Landing... Why not add onto the RoF expansion and do a crap ton of revamped zones like we did during the RoF expansion?

Most people I know found the RoF X-pac to be the best recent expansion (Prior to EoK anyway)... I think the reason RoF was such a hit is because it offered MORE content than most expansions despite the fact that a lot of the content was just recycled repolished zones.
  6. Lheo Augur

Fire the Nerffans in the headquarter :p
  7. High Voltage Augur

25 is the number of patches they will need to make the content playable after selling it.
    Slippry likes this.
  8. Radamus Journeyman

I would be happy with an expansion that has enough working content that is worth your asking price and not "beta" tested months into the expansion going live.
    Slippry likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I'm assuming they started work on 2018's expansion around summer of 2017.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Nekuliz Journeyman

For the 25th anniversary expansion it would be cool to see something like tss with a newbie zone and 25 zones. Bring all the races together in small cities and 1 large city in middle of expansion that's the newbie zone and all other zones progressively get harder the farther you go. But once it hits like lol 90 zones make it a type of progression with clickie rewards like mounts illusions or maybe even bags. Or even have a list of rewards chooseable by players from augs to clickies mounts and so on.
    Hey maybe a new epic. Underwater zones, volcano zones, maybe fighting the deities but without faction hits.

Coming up on 20 years make it big make it grand.
  11. Maedhros High King

There are already hundreds of newbie zones.
  12. Gana Augur

I am sure I asked for this once and was told that they don't have the source code for it, but I would love to see Marauder's Mire again.

I think the idea of TSS revamp to current content/level would be amazing (new playable race?), although a bit daunting. I would be happy with continuing to a Velious revamp. And if my hypothesis was correct before, they could use the scaling algorithm (that borked up the HAs initially) to revamp the zones.
  13. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Xeg player here. Cor, we love you, but wtf is this? You need a post limit because this is some supremely boring drivel bud. Hey guys lets speculate about what we want and aren't ever going to get from daybreak!

And holy pepe, people are responding to it seriously!
  14. Kolani Augur

We could go to whatever planet the Draenei Alarans are from and fight The Burning Legion more discord dudes,
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm so I can't make posts without your approval? LOL. I suspect if you were in charge of approving new threads there wouldn't be any :) But I know what you mean a lot of what we ask for gets shot down

Seriously, it's all about suggesting things that might be reasonably done. Ask for the world and you won't get it. But it is still early enough for ask for minor yet positive things that might make the upcoming 20th anniversary and 25th expansion something to remember.

Problem is some people ask for stuff that just isn't doable. If its easy to do and they like an idea who knows what could happen :).
  16. Rahkzar New Member

I'd love to see them take the whole instancing / scalable content to be able to go back at any level and play anywhere. Make some "Defiant" type drops that can drop at any of the level ranges, so entire loot tables don't have to be generated for each zone, and you can go back to Crushbone at level 100 and exp if you want. If you want unique drops, then you have to go to current content. There are so many zones out there, that I know in my leveling up, I missed a bunch. It would be cool to be able to go with my current character and at least see the zone and fight in it. Sure it won't be as it was originally designed, but it would open up all of the zones to Daily Tasks in you might have to go somewhere new and kill something.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Natal Augur

What makes you think there will be an expansion after RoS?

Every expansion appears to be less and less in terms of asset content, and with all of the bugs that went live in RoS the writing seems to be on the wall in terms of resources available to make expansions. It looked like they were barely able to get RoS out the door, and you would have to think that next time around they would have even fewer resources.
  18. Natal Augur

If you want people to be able to find groups in an era of diminishing player base, you can't have them scattered even more widely across all of the zones in the game.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Something like this would be great. I suspect they would have to find a way to make an expansion out of it. But I suspect we are more likely to see content re-envisioned as expansions. Which I am fine with. If it saves some dev time and lets them keep creating expansions cost effectively I am all for it.

Some people complain about not getting entire new expansions but lets face reality EQ is almost 20 years old. I am just happy that we are actually still getting expansions.

If they could set up a system for regenerating older zones as newer content maybe in addition to expansions we might see access to such zones sold in the marketplace. That would be the only other way I could see it happening. But I could be wrong. No one died and made me boss. Yet. :)
  20. Rahkzar New Member

Do people actually get pick up groups much these days? I thought if you wanted to group, you joined a guild and grouped with them. Also, isn't there the whole LFG system where you can actually search across a bunch of zones for people within a level range looking for players / groups? I feel in how scattered things are these days, people who want to pick up group would use that system? I don't remember how well that system worked since I don't pick up group anymore.