Everquests 25th expansion a major milestone!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So with the next Everquest expansion being EQ's Silver Anniversary and a major milestone and it will be the 20th anniversary of Everquest not long after. I wonder if they will be able to do something extra special for the next expansion? (very understandable if they can't do to business concerns).

I am hoping content wise it is already planned to be extra special at least as special and the business model allows.

What would you like to see for the 25th expansion?

Maybe sell the collectors edition for $60 and the premium for $90 and add some bonuses to the basic edition... mount and large bag maybe? Then upscale the other editions from there?

Add a new Veteran reward.

Some 25th expansion celebration items like banners etc that can be placed in housing in game.

25 days of exp bonus? Maybe an addition 25%. I know not a lot but heh it does go for 25 days. :)

Another subscription sale for 1 year subs at 25% off the current rate?

25% off sale in the marketplace for 25 days?

What could be done for the 25th expansion that might not be very expensive but would be a nice way to celebrate the milestone?

Lets get ideas out there now while there may be a chance for them being worked on.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Only thing I'd prefer is doing whatever needs to be done to make a lot more content than six more zones, several of which are just copies of existing zones. I empathize with the EQ developers who are on a limited budget and struggle with obtuse tools to create content, but Ring of Scale had 6 zones and Ruins of Kunark had 26.

Pursuing a design strategy that has dual use between the TLP severs and the live servers seems like it makes a lot of sense, but I have no idea how TLP servers would feel about having new content in their new servers. I honestly don't know if the appeal of TLP is to replay through Guk vs to have a fresh start on new servers vs TLP server rules.

More specifically, I'd be interested to see what it'd look like if a new expansion's content was tuned for levels 110+, and had a version created that supported levels 20 to 70.
  3. fransisco Augur

Spend less time on TLP. Its old content. There are FAR more paying players on live servers than TLP.
  4. Tiggold Augur

Make previous collectors edition items be purchasable again. I missed out on the houses like the ship and tree house.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

More zones/content would be nice. I am all in favor of an expansion with 8 revamped zones and 4 new zones assuming the work to revamp old zones is not nearly as time consuming as making a whole new zone. Some people complain about paying for recycled content but at the same time they complain there is not enough to do. I would rather have recycled relevant content to work through than a few zones. Six zones really makes it difficult to have appropriate zone tier systems which seems to be a complaint with ROS. 8-12 zones at least provides a nice tier scaling system with tiers 1-4 and should keep people busy for most of the year. ROF comes to mind as a perfect example of an expansion that utilized old zones well while throwing new zones into the mix.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Frogmancer like this.
  6. Lufraki Elder

I suggest for 25th anniversary (if it lasts that long) they give all accounts that have been active since the beginning (1999) a free/no charge collectors edition of the new expansion and maybe a free 1 year subscription.
  7. Tiggold Augur

You think there's some threads with complaints now......
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Moldar like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Make all female toons dwarven women, with nice thick beards and a hearty badonkadonk.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thing is they have the stats on where they get their money and what will bring them the biggest profit so all we can do is try and convince them exactly why more investments on the live servers is a good idea.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A completely new expansion, somewhere we have never been before. Lots of zones, lots of quests, lots of raids. If they start working on it as soon as the Anniversary content is finished it should be quite substantial. Decent rewards from quests not from achievements, ie various different clickies, DA, shrink, grow, illusions, symbol, haste, gate to various zones, inv to undead, eye of zomm, twincast, type 3 damage shield, circle of power, circle of healing, shadow step and any other clickies which haven't been updated for many expansions.

6 zones, 3 missions and 9 raids really doesn't cut it for an expansion, especially one which will be such a milestone.

Personally I'd like to see another similar to Serpent Spines expansion with something for everyone at every level. Sadly with the number of devs we have now, I can't see that ever happening again.

Maybe we could have a mish mash of all the zones which got cut from previous expansions because they weren't ready, might not be great for an expansion but could be good for anniversary content.
    Spellfire likes this.
  11. Spellfire Augur

This.
  12. Cicelee Augur

The 25th expansion will primarily focus on how well you do at Forum Quest.
    Oakenblade and IblisTheMage like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Lets think of realistic requests... totally new expansion.... I think we are pretty much locked in to reusing older content at least to some extend which is fine by me there are a lot of places I don't really go back to which could make some nice revamped and reimagined content.

I also expect that at this point in time they have already locked in what the expansion will be based on.

I think it might be realistic to expect a larger expansion then we would get otherwise if its at all possible with the resources they have available.

Would also be a good time to advertise the game and try to get more returning players.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Return of the Epic - I want my epic pet back! Quest can be generic for cloth, leather etc, I have no prob with that.

I will prefer if they continue with reimagining old zones and old lore. The chance of it being real good is much higher.

If they could balance some new _hard_ instanced zones (6 toons) to go from low level to 110, and make it available to progression servers, that could be a fun common experience for all. Maybe balance them for max level ranges on the different servers (50/65/85/110?).

What happened to The Hole, Paineel? What about our old friends Quilmane? Phinigel Autropos? Kedge Keep? Guk? Mistmore? The Karanas? Hopeless ocean :)?

I also like that New Kunark was a double expansion (EoK & RoS). I think they should brand it like that, so the Kunark expansions would be I, II, and III (Original, EoK, RoS).

I would love a mechanism where players can contribute cretively (for example by voicing the quests), with scoring, completely free choice of what voice over contribution to use for a given quest, voting/rating, etc. If made like Gina/Gamparse, it could be completely independent code-base, they could do it as an Open Spource project they manage and promote, but is developed (coded) by players...
  15. Cicelee Augur

In all honesty, I do not think there is anything that the developers can do that will make everyone happy for this expansion. People would cry for more more MOAR regardless of how many zones, quests, raids, etc that is provided.

If I had one dream vision, it would be the final event of the final expansion (whenever that may be) involved killing Veeshan.
  16. Maedhros High King

epic 3.0 - I would like mine to be as good as the Shadowknight one has been for the last 15 years.
  17. svann Augur

Pretty sure its not eok3 since they already have the highest level zone in vp. If its a repeat then likely first half of velious. Thurg, great divide, eastern wastes, crystal cavern, velks, kael.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Making a graphically updated version of an old zone can't be that much harder than a completely new zone, the only work you skip, is designing the basic layout, if you go the "re-use route".

There are lost of areas in norrath that we haven't visited yet and lots of questions that haven't been answered:

There is a whole moon we haven't seen yet, for example. And some of the lore hints of an even large universe. They could go all "spacey" and go to Rodcet Nife's homeworld/space-station? in UFOs, or make an underwater expansion(if they can fix pathing :p ). Or stop Bristlebane from pulling a cosmic prank on norrath or something.

I might remember wrong, but I think the corpse-summoners in guild-lobby mentions that their services were only temporary, and that we would have to "pay the price" later, they could make an expansion about that potential conflict...

Imagination is the limit...
    Tiggold and Yinla like this.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Just say no to an underwater expansion. I would be happy if there was never and I mean never another underwater expansion in this game ever again. Sorry just my personal opinion I don't want to offend anyone who enjoys swimming and water sports
  20. Aurastrider Augur

This would be amazing but realistically we have to come to terms with the resources the devs have. If we got all new content there would probably be very little of it. If I recall COTF was mostly new content and they released that expansion in a series which a lot of people were pretty upset about and even still we ended up with only a handful of zones even though it feels like more with the pure number of HA's. ROF had a good amount of recycled content but it also provided lots of new areas.

If we flash back to this time last year people were up in arms about no level increase. The devs said it takes a lot of time and resources to do a level increase. The tradeoff was what a lot of people consider a good expansion in EOK. Now fast forward a year and we have our level increase but we have limited content. As players we kind of are to blame when we get our way and I think this is part of the reason why ROS has such limited content. Instead of designing new things they were stuck trying to make the game work with the new level increase.

Not arguing that it would not be great to have these things but i just think it would be unrealistic at best to expect another old school expansion where everything is new again.
    Chokal, IblisTheMage, Niskin and 2 others like this.